Steven vs Ronaldo:Battle of Wits

(Narrator's POV)

Everyone looked on as Steven Universe pulled out a small obejct that looked like a mini incense and held it up to Ronaldo Fryman as the two were sitting down, drinks in front of them for this battle of wits.

"OK. Now tell me what you smell on this but do not inhale." Steven said as Ronaldo shurgged.

"It's odorless. What am I NOT smelling?" He asked as Steven smiled.

"It's a little something I learned about in Charm City. The locals called this "Inferno Dust". It can burn your mouth and nose like crazy. They use this to make their hot sauce in Charm City. Here's the thing: One of our drinks has Inferno Dust in it." The hybrid said as he picked up both cups and switched them back and forth in the air before putting them back down.

"And here we go. The battle of wits has begun. It ends when both of us drink and one of us has a burning mouth." Steven said as Ronaldo chuckled.

"But it's so simple. All I have to do is take from what I know of you. Are you, Steven Universe, the type of guy to put the Inferno Dust in his own cup or his opponent's? Now, a clever man would put the dust in his own cup because he would know only a great fool would take what he was given. I am not a great fool, so obviously I won't take the cup I was given. But! You must have KNOWN I was not a great fool, so I can't choose the cup in front of me since you would have likely counted on it!" Ronaldo said as he went on a tangent.

Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst just chuckled as they looked on at the two along with everyone else.

"You've made your choice on which drink it is?" Steven asked as Ronaldo laughed.

"Not remotely. Because this Inferno Dust, as you said, comes from Charm City. A city, by it's very namesake, full of liars and silver tongued Devils, meaning anything from that city cannot be trusted, so I can't choose the cup in front of you!" He exclaimed.

"Wow. You're smart." Steven chuckled.

"Wait until I get going! You must have suspected that I would know the origin of the Inferno Dust even if you DIDN'T tell me yourself, so I cannot choose the cup in front of me!" Ronaldo exclaimed.

"Sounds like you're just stalling, Ronaldo...." Connie said as Ronaldo laughed.

"You'd like to think that, wouldn't you Connie? Steven's exceptionally strong, so he could have been relying on his strength to save him, so I clearly cannot choose the cup in front of him, but he's also managed to pull fast ones on the Gems, which means he's actually pretty smart himself which means he must have learned that the tongue is both the strongest and most sensitive part of the body, so he would have put the Inferno Dust as far away from him as possible due to that second part, so I clearly cannot choose the cup in front me!" He exclaimed.

"You aren't going to win here, Ronaldo." Amethyst said.

"I have won! He's given everything away! I know where the Inferno Dust is! It's in his cup! I'll show you!" Ronaldo exclaimed as he and Steven both drank.

Afterwards......

"HOOOOOTTTTTTTT!" Ronaldo exclaimed as he got up and ran towards the beach before sticking his head in the water as everyone laughed.

"Ronaldo will need to cool off for a couple of days after that." Amethyst said with a laugh as Steven took finished off his drink.

Nice little nod to the classic movie "The Princess Bride"

Connverse636

Lurkerbelow

FilippoMasiero2

Endie_287

Cupcakeliquor

CL-005

Craftfury

emeraldacrystalgem34

Superplushman

EmeraldPlushMan