Chapter 40

"We're finally here!" Lauren said, quickly fixing her hair and tie.

I park the car and turn off the engine. "Yeah. With time to spare still."

"Want to go inside to chill around?" Lauren asked.

"I rather stay in the car for the extra minutes we have left," I said, forgetting about who I parked next to. I leaned my seat back, and my attention was about to go back to Lauren-when my gaze caught the sight of two people in the car next to me. I sat up some to get a better look and saw Melanin sitting on Lexie's lap while fixing her mascara. They were suspiciously close and Lexie's hands were just resting on her hips. "That's normal..." I said sarcastically, I looked away to see Lauren's head turned towards me with her eyes closed. "You're tired, Lauren?"

"Mhm..." she replied, slowly nodding her head.

I slouch in my seat and close my eyes as well. "I guess a few minutes won't hurt."

~

"We're on time?" I said with my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath. My class for first block was outside the classroom lined up waiting for the teacher.

"Lucky us then," Lauren said, leaning her weight onto me.

A classmate turned to us. "The teacher must be in Building D getting papers, we have like thirty minutes until they return."

"Oh, thanks," I said to them and stood up straight.

Lauren pokes my side and whispers into my ear. "Come with me to the restroom, I have to fix my bra."

"You should've held them like I held mine," I said, walking away from everyone holding my bag in my hand, she followed beside me.

"I wasn't thinking at that moment, all I wanted to do was run."

My eyes look down and I chuckle. "Your nipples are hard."

Lauren looks down and quickly covers the front of her breasts. "It's not my fault, this building is cold as hell."

"Exactly why I wear padded bras."

"Curse my dumb brain for thinking a bralette will work against this cold," Lauren mumbled.

I used my finger to pull back her uniform to check if she really was wearing a bralette. She was wearing one - a black one.

"Dani!" Lauren swats away my hand. "It took me all morning to hide my bra strap."

I trail my finger down her neck to her hands that were covering her breasts. "Hm? It isn't like I won't fix it later."

"What do you mean? I can fix it myself just fine." Lauren said, pulling her uniform over the bra strap with one hand, and kept the other hand covering her breasts.

"I know, but after I'm finished with you I'll fix it."

Lauren raised an eyebrow before realizing what I meant. "It's early in the morning, Dani."

"I don't care if it's the crack of dawn, I'm getting my taste of you."

"I won't be able to focus in class if you do that."

"Damn, tragic."

~

Lauren had her arms crossed over her chest and was glaring at me. "Really Dani?"

I was smiling like an idiot. I knew what she was about to say. "What?"

She points to her neck from both sides. "I have seven hickeys now! Seven!"