Chapter 48

I walked out of my digital shower, which I'd set to thirty degrees Celsius to not be too hot and not too cold.

I wrapped my body with my overly large towel and stumbled to my sink to do a quick I-didn't-leave-any-conditioner-in-there check.

After I made sure I rinsed everything out, I walked to my room to see Daniella and Kaito cuddled up by the foot of my bed.

Thank god, I got my pillows back.

I lived alone so I never felt the need to wear nightclothes, but my anxiety always loves to click in at random times so I decided to wear lingerie to bed tonight.

My bodyguards are allowed in my home, but not in my room or bathroom unless it's life-threatening.

I loaned a trustworthy secretary at the company my spare key just in case I lose mine again - I lost two in five years and almost lost the third one recently.

I just have too much money to be recklessly losing keys to my home.

I turned from a spender that only buys stuff every other month to every week.

The company needs me to be wearing seasonal trendy outfits that are professional and formal - which includes those feet-killing heels.

"Food..." I muttered, eyeing my two sleeping dogs on my bed. "That sounds good right now."

I hadn't brushed my teeth yet, so I decided to walk downstairs for a quick I-won't-get-full-off-of-this-but-it'll-cure-my-craving type snack.

I chose a bowl of fruit that I cut up yesterday and walked to my luxurious family room to watch television.

More anime can't hurt. I want to catch up to everyone, so I can figure out if this main character fights for the first time or not.

I ended up finishing my snack and watched a few episodes of anime, before switching to a sitcom to avoid getting too far ahead of Nashi.

I suddenly remembered the call with Lauren and turned off my television. I walked back to my kitchen to place my empty bowl in the sink and walked up the stairs to see Daniella had woken up to the sound of my door opening.

I walked past her to get my laptop off my desk and grabbed my portable desk to bring to my bed.

I fixed the height so Lauren could see me sleeping and called her once I logged in.

She answered on the fifth ring and ran from the camera to the door to close it. "I just came out of the shower when you called."

"You look cute." I purred, resting my elbow on my thigh and my chin on my palm, staring at the screen.

"I should be saying that since you're wearing lingerie this time." Lauren winked, walking towards the camera with her towel in hand.

"Want me to nip slip?" I snorted. I barely did any phone sex with her these five years, we're both just too tired to attempt it.

"I would love to see your nipple, but I'm too tired to keep my eyes open. I almost fell asleep in the shower."

"Guess you'll just have to see it in Miami."

"When are you coming anyway?"

"In a month, I think. Winter said you can come to meet me at the airport when I land."

"Who's Winter?"

"Remember she's the new assistant I hired recently. She's doing a good job too."

"What does Winter look like?"

"Well, she has chocolate skin with white hair and a standard lobe piercing."