Chapter 7

School ended.

I was on the bus heading to my destination as always - when I felt a light thunk at the back of my head. I felt the back of it to feel a paper ball. I grabbed it and held it in my face. I open it to read; "You're not a good fit for her, Miss Slut. Try again with someone in your type of group. She's mine."

I crumpled the paper back into a ball, and once the bus stopped at my bus stop. I tossed it into the trash can beside the driver. They're not worth my time to fight for someone who's announced her feelings for me already. I'm not the type to fight for someone unless it's absolutely necessary - just like that first time I fought for Lauren.

Her in that dark classroom with those perverts. I remember it so clearly. I was pissed from my frustration with my own 'friends' and pissed about them trying to rape her because she's a lesbian. Just thinking about it is pissing me off all over again. Her silent voice cried out for help. I want to be the one to keep her safe, but she's right...if I don't know how I feel towards her along with my sexuality. How can I be sure I'm in love with her?

Her face...I wonder what she looks like...her natural colored eyes. Does she blush? Does she have freckles? Does she have bad acne? Does she have long natural eyelashes?

I'm so curious...I want to know.

I opened the front door of my grandma's house to see the house light's off. I called out her name to not hear a response. I sighed as I closed the door and locked it.

"She must be at the hospital again," I mumble as I walk to my room. "If your heart hurts again then tell your nurse. Telling her you're fine is making everyone worry."

I closed my room door behind me and tossed my stuff next to the door. I took off my school shoes to switch with house slippers. I took out my phone from my bag to order take out. If grandma is in the hospital that means she won't be back for two weeks again, and there's probably no food in the fridge besides leftovers. Spaghetti and tacos. She won't know I didn't eat it. I'll just eat it tomorrow. I'm in the mood for salad and soup.

I placed the order. It says it'll be here in thirty minutes, so I sat at my desk to start my homework when a text from Lauren appeared. I felt a smile form on my lips as I started to reply to her.

Lauren: You arrived home yet?

Me: Yeah...grandma is out for two weeks again.

Lauren: Will she be okay?

Me: Just minor heart issues again. She probably ate something that's not on her recommendation again.

Lauren: How many times has this happened?

Me: A couple. She wears her life alert, so I don't worry much. It alerts me if it's life-threatening.

Lauren: That's good. Also, I heard we're having another award ceremony soon. You think you're on the honor roll again?

Me: I hope so or my grandma will recover miraculously and beat me.

Lauren: Lol. My parents will just change the wifi password till I pass.

Me: Really? That's harsh. I wish my grandma handled my failure that lightly.

Lauren: Yeah...Oh! By the way, I tried to catch you before you left school today. I accidentally left my headphones in your bag. Mind if I come get it?

Me:......you did that on purpose, didn't you?

Lauren: ;) Maybe...

Me: You'll get it tomorrow, Lauren. My grandma hates company besides the ones she brings over.