Chapter 55

Lauren went wedding dress shopping and since I decided to wear a dress too, she told me she was looking for an off-the-shoulder champagne wedding dress that was like a ball gown. 

She was inspired by princesses for her wedding look. 

But it gave me an idea of the theme for our wedding - it'll be fairy-themed. 

She always wanted to be a fairy so I'll make her dream happen. 

My dress is my mother's old wedding dress that my father kept in his house. 

He sent it to me without a second thought and told me that my Mom always wished that I wore it one day. 

I can't let her miss this day. 

~

"You're getting married before me?" Winter scoffed, handing me a binder that I requested. "that's shocking but hey, am I invited? I want to see you get married." 

"Of course," I smiled. "Marilyn's coming too with her family." 

"Who else is coming?" 

"The guest list is still being added onto but everyone that I managed to make amends with in Miami is coming, even Isaac." 

"That homophobic athletic guy that you punched?" 

"Yeah, turns out I'm a forgiving person towards people that know how to grow up." 

"Dani, he was old enough to know what he did-" 

"A man's brain fully develops at the age of twenty-five, so he changed himself for the better and apologized in a long, long essay explaining why sexuality doesn't matter and why people should be able to love anyone they want." 

"What about those guys from that classroom?" 

"They enlisted themselves to the NAVY and sends both of us letters trying to apologize, which Lauren is currently replying to since she thinks she made them wait long enough." 

"You're not going to reply?" 

"This is her decision to forgive them, not mine. She was there and I was just the angry female that decided to barge in at the right moment." 

"How many of the high school bullies did you invite?" 

"Not all of them, just some," I quirked a smile. "maybe just enough to get my message out there." 

"What about those other bullies that taunted you in the restroom in high school?" 

"You bet they're coming too. I already accepted their apologies and everything." 

"This is going to be a huge wedding, huh?" 

"Yeah, this will be the big wedding and the cost is more than my car." 

"You're so rich I bet your wallet isn't suffering like mine." 

"That's the best thing about being rich, you don't have any worries except taxes." 

"If I was rich, I would go to a remote island and hide from the rest of the world." 

"With Marilyn?" 

Winter pursed her lips. "Who said she was coming?" 

"Don't be shy, tell me." 

"You're so annoying," she smiled. "but no, she's not coming, unless she wants to." 

"I bet she would," a knock at the door interrupted us. "come on, peasant." 

Winter playfully hits me on the bicep, earning a laugh from me.