Chapter 52

I walked into the hectic, lively hospital, swiftly maneuvered through the semi-teemed halls of the high dependency unit, and found the room where Nyree was checking up on a patient. I leaned against the door frame and smiled. "I'm happy that you got this career of your dreams."

Nyree turned around and the corners of her lips curled up into a grin once her eyes met mine. She turned to her patient, waved them 'goodbye' and walked towards me. "Dani, are you allowed to be here at this time?" 

"Why do you have to act this way when you're seeing me for the first time in years?" I pouted but quickly changed my facial expression into a soft grin. 

Nyree closed the door behind us when we stepped out of the room and hugged me. "I just don't want you in trouble or anything," she pulled away and sighed. "Look at you, so much older and responsible of a company. I bet your grandma would be proud." 

"She would." I nodded in agreement. 

Nyree motioned me to follow her through the hall and talked while she made her way through the crowd. "So, have you been these days? Still being rebellious?" 

"I have been great and no, I have not. I go to work as I should." 

"That's wonderful," Nyree lead me to the elevators and pressed a button. "I barely see Lauren these days, how's she?" 

"Wonderful, amazing, awesome-" 

"I asked for a one-word response but nice to know she's alright." 

The elevator dinged and opened its doors for us to step on. 

Nyree pressed a button to one of the next floors and looked at me. "Did you think about it?" 

"Yeah," I hesitantly nodded with my eyes averted. "I did." 

"Will you do it?" 

"I still don't see the point in it." 

"It's just to advertise your company." 

"This is Lauren's type of thing, not mine." 

"You don't have to do it-" 

"I will, just to try it out. What harm could come out of modeling clothing?" 

"A bunch of things like; more sponsors, brands, contacts, interviews, traffic, exposure, etc. It'll increase the marketing at your company and bring in the employees, who are willing to work for one of the world's richest CEOs. Though, I still don't know what you do with all of that money, where does it go? To your mansion?" 

"Actually, I spend my savings wisely. I buy needs not wants." 

"So that anime action figure wasn't-?" 

"That was a household decoration," I interjected. 

"Mhm," Nyree stepped off the elevator once it dinged and open its doors for us. I followed her through the semi-vacant hallway to the NICU ward. "Anyway, other than your 'responsible' spending, what do you plan to invest in? Another office? Another company?"

 "Can't I stick to one company and waste my years there?" 

"Yeah, but then you would've regretted not investing in a modeling company so you could be around Lauren more."  

"I could do that but it's Lauren's decision if she wants to co-partner in that type of thing." the idea did sound awfully tempting, well, not just tempting - very entailing. 

"You're right, so why not ask Lauren if you two could collab in a co-partner investing project to create a modeling company for her and other people?"