Chapter 18

The school bus finally arrived at the school.

I was the first one to climb off and I sped walked towards the lunchroom. My first thought was to find Shawn, talk to Shawn, and punch Shawn.

Everyone noticed my aura and backed away to avoid getting caught in my rage.

Melanin and Lexie saw me and just eyed Shawn, who was laughing carefree with a group of guys that were seniors and freshmen. I walked up to him, yanked him up by the collar, and glared into his eyes.

"Speak Shawn. Why did you spread that rumor about Lauren?"

"Woah! Woah! Woah! Dani, I don't know what you're talking about." He said while avoiding eye contact.

"You have ten seconds to speak or I will punch you right here in the middle of the lunchroom with everyone watching. One."

"Dani I didn't say anything abo-"

"Two."

"Come on, I promise you I didn't."

"Three."

"Dani, you're gripping my collar a little too tight, can you, um, let go?"

"Six."

"Dani, um, we're friends right?"

"Seven."

"Fine! I only did it because she's the rich bitch of the damn school and has the attitude of a whore."

I felt my blood boil and I was about to see red. "What?"

"I didn't mean no harm. I was only joking."

"Shawn. You're going to regret calling her a bitch and a whore. But since I can't fight on school grounds, I'm coming to your house after school. If you don't want any problem with me, then I better hear from her that you apologized before school ends today." I let go of his collar. I could see the school police eyeing me and waiting for me to make the first move. I backed up from Shawn as a sign that I'm not doing anything and I threw him one last glare. "Watch yourself."

I walked away from Shawn to go sit with Lauren.

If I wasn't trying so hard to make sure my grandma was proud of me, I would've hit him straight on the nose hard.

But the school is watching us like a hawk.

I was lucky those two times but the third time may not be so lucky.

I spent that day trying not to run to Shawn's classroom and giving him a bloody beating. Even when I sat next to him in class, my eyes were staring deep into his soul.

The class probably never saw someone so angry before, but when it comes to Lauren or my friends. I'm pissed.

School ended and I asked Lauren.

"Did Shawn apologize to you?"

She shook her head. "No, he didn't. Why?"

I smirked and cracked my knuckles. "He's going to be absent from school for a few days."

Before Lauren said anything else, I kissed her forehead as goodbye and sped walked to my bus to get home.

The moment I got off the bus at my bus stop, I ran to my house, switched out of my uniform, and into my casual wear - which is sweatpants and a shirt. I grabbed my grandma's keys after leaving her a note on the table and left to go drove to Shawn's house.

My grandma's nurse was going to come soon, so I just need to make sure I don't come back dirty. Nyree is like a big sister in a way. If she sees me injured or dirty from outside, she'll get worried, which is really nice of her to do, but grandma doesn't know I fight inside the school.

And if she finds out, not only will I be grounded, but told not to see Lauren outside of school.

Plus that birthday plan for next month - canceled.

But only if she finds out. Which she won't...hopefully.

~

I honked the horn outside his house - which I had to ask a bunch of my old group project classmates to find out where he lived - and I waited for him to come outside.

"Shawn!" I honked the horn again. "I know you're home! Someone from the classroom group chat said you were!"

I saw the screen door open and saw a familiar face peek out. "No thanks! You're scary as hell!"

"I'm only going to rearrange your nose and facial structures!"

"And that's why I'm not coming outside!"

"Then tell me why didn't you apologize to Lauren!"

"Because I forgot!"

"Liar!"

"It's true! I forgot!"

"Shawn, I am not in the mood for your lies! You went and told the school you raped her! I had enough 'rape' shit, and I just want things to be normal!"

"Normal? Dani, you are a demon!"

"Says the who that continues to try to seduce me during class!"

"I have not done that in days!"

"Shawn, come outside so we can exchange fists!"

"No!"

I sighed and gripped the steering wheel to try to hold myself back from running towards his front door. "Alright! Fine! But you have twenty-four hours to apologize to her personally for lying or else!"

"Yes, Dani! Just leave my goddamn house!"

"One more thing! If you even step a foot too close to Lauren!" I smiled evilly at him. "I'm ready to get suspended for her sake, got it?"

"Yes! Just leave!"

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise!"

"Okay then!"

I wave to him and drive away with my blood boiling still.

I wanted to run straight for him and drag him out of his house, but I kept my cool and listened to my head.

Why does everything revolve around rape? Rape this, rape that. Never a good day or time where people get along. Life sucks.

Rape isn't a fucking trend to try to laugh at - it's a disgrace and sad to know when someone suffered something drastic. I hope the sick fucks behind it all get what's coming to them.

Justice needs to be served and I hope God brings it.

~

Nyree greeted me at the door with a bright smile on her face. "Hello Dani, I saw your note, and your grandma will be getting home soon. Do you want me to tell her you went out?"

"Sure." I put the keys back where I got them from. "She needs to know my whereabouts anyways. Also, tell her that I'll be asleep because I'm not feeling well. I'll study once I wake up."

"Okay Dani, I will tell her that."

"Thanks."

I walk away from Nyree to my room. I close the door behind me and run my fingers through my hair as I eyed my bed. I go towards it and flop down on it. A huge groan escaped my lips as I tried to cool my head from the anger inside of me.

"I hate life so much," I mumbled.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, so I checked it to see who texted me.

It was Lauren.

"Of course she would ask if I'm alright." I smiled. "That soft girl loves to worry about me."

I replied to her with a simple 'i'm fine Lauren, just needed to hold myself back from knocking out Shawn's teeth' before turning off my phone.

"I need a nap," I whined as I slipped underneath my covers.

I didn't care about the clothes I wore outside. I was too exhausted to care about that. I shut my eyes and tried to sleep off my rage.

But my dreams are what turned my anger into confusion and panic.

'Dani? Why are you hiding?'