Chapter 13

La Lune's concert was in a few days - more specifically it was next Saturday. The day where you have the day off from school to have fun, but now that my grandma is home.

Saturday is about to have me studying around the clock without a break.

I eyed the stack of textbooks on my desk, while I laid down on my bed half asleep. The time was quarter till ten at night, and my body refused to fall asleep.

I had to sleep for the test that was being given to the class tomorrow, but I couldn't - the thoughts about telling my own grandma, my guardian, that I spent my time putting my friends' rapists in jail and going on dates with my girlfriend. It sounded hard to do for some reason.

Lauren isn't someone I wanted to hide from the world. She's my whole heart without a single doubt to tell me if I should be with her or not. I made her wait for my love for too long, and now I want to declare it to the world.

To the world that Lauren Brooks is my girlfriend and I'm her girlfriend too. I wanted to announce my sexuality too - that I am Demisexual.

My heart squeezed, reminiscing the romantic moments I shared with Lauren. I smiled underneath the covers and closed my eyes.

I'll tell my grandma when it feels right to, and for now - I'll just try to mend the relationship I avoided having again with my father. If my mother was alive then she would've told me to do what I think is right. To do something even if it costs losing someone close to me.

I miss you, Mom...

"Good morning everyone, I am your substitute teacher, Ms. Brown, and I'll be here for the remainder of the school year. Your teacher is on maternity leave, but will accept emails if you need her for anything school-related." Ms. Brown held the booklet for the test in her right hand and the bubble sheets in her left. She holds up the bubble sheets. "You will only receive one bubble sheet, so don't mess it up and take your time. Anna will pass out the tests to you."

Anna, one of my classmates, stands up out of her seat to retrieve the tests. She passed out the tests to us, and we talked among each other about our teacher's leave. We never noticed her stomach getting bigger or her pregnancy symptoms. It felt weird hearing our teacher will be gone until the next school year.

"Also!" Ms. Brown uses a yardstick to point to the board that showed the grading system. "This semester will get more serious since you're about to finish this school year. You should know by now that next month will be your holiday week for Easter, then you'll be completing your last semester for this year. I hope you'll start taking it more seriously."

The rest of her words seemed to fade once my eyes met Lauren's. I smiled at her, exposing my teeth. She turned a light shade of pink at the tips of her ears and smiled back exposing her teeth to me also.

She was so cute.

"You might not remember me, but I remember you."

Her words echoed inside my head, and I turned back around ignoring that nagging feeling that I have met her before.

Ms. Brown handed out the bubble sheets and went over the rules and policy. She told us to begin and we started our test.

My eyes were staring at the question-but my mind was elsewhere.

I met Lauren before? Where? Why can't I remember where I met her?

I filled in the bubble for question four, as my mind was clouded with questions I couldn't find an answer to.

Damn it all. I want to ask her when I met her for the first time. But I feel like I need to answer that question on my own.

I filled in the bubble for question twenty, and I eyed the question for question twenty-one.