Chapter 34

Ever since my birthday, the day that Melanin and Lexie kissed each other for the first time, I started to notice a huge behavior change in both of them.

Lexie gets more protective of Melanin, and Melanin gets shy whenever Lexie's name is mentioned. They haven't shared another kiss as far as I know and have stayed friends since then.

It's fine anyways, they shouldn't have to do anything past a line they don't want to cross, but I'm still lost about why they kissed in the first place. Were they caught in the moment or what?

"This is the end of the school year exam, which means your scores will determine if you pass to the next grade or not." The staff member said. "This is timed and you will need to complete it in six hours. You need to look over each question to confirm your answers, and if you finish before the time is up then look over your selected answers. You can put your head down to wait for the test to end, but you are not allowed to leave unless it is an emergency. Any questions?"

A sophomore raised their hand.

"Yes?" the staff member said to them.

"Are we going to eat in between the test-taking?"

"Yes you are, each building will go get their bagged lunch from the lunchroom to bring back to their rooms. That will be your lunch."

I eyed the students and looked back down at my faced down answer sheet and my thick test packet.

"For the juniors in here, the board will choose your classes for the senior year using your scores in each part of the test."

"Okay," some of the juniors said simultaneously in a tired monotone.

The staff member stared at their wristwatch and slowly lifted their hand up. They looked up at us and nodded. "Begin."

We turned over our tests and bubble sheets to begin our end-of-the-year test.

~

"How did you do, Dani?" Lauren asked me.

We were sitting in my car recovering from the intense exam and were eating our snacks that came in our bagged lunches.

"I hope I did good. Nyree will kill me if I don't pass." I whined remembering the fire in Nyree's eyes seeing my score go down five points on my last interim.

"She's taking the guardian role really seriously, huh?"

"Almost as good as my grandma," I said, taking another bite of my snack.

"Well, I think I did pretty good. I studied with you anyway."

"I know right, I'm a genius," I said, boosting my own ego.

Lauren rolled her eyes. "Don't stroke your own ego over some grades."

"Can't you let me be confident in myself in peace?"

"Baby, you're just trying to act like Einstein when you're just eh."

"Excuse me, I'm offended."

"Get over it."

I put my snack on my dashboard and lean in close to her face. "Say that again."

Lauren puts her snack on the dashboard too, licks her fingers, and leans in close to my face. "Get. Over. I-mmh..."

I cut her off by grabbing her face in my hands and pulling her into a passionate kiss. She grabbed my face too and deepened the kiss to get more of me.

My hands went down to her waist and groped it. She let out a gasp and tangled her fingers in my hair.

My bun was let down and she yanked on my hair to pull my head back some. She got up some and slightly hovered over me, and trailed her hands to my tie then to my neck.

I slipped my hands underneath her uniform skirt and decided to tease her by grabbing her panties to yank them up to give her a wedgie.

She moans and wraps her fingers around my throat and gives it a light squeeze in response.

After another few minutes, we broke the kiss and panted to catch our breath.

"R-really Dani..." Lauren said while pulling out her wedgie.

"You didn't stop so." I shrugged.

"Ugh, you're an asshole. That hurt."

"You should've stopped then or grabbed my wrists."

"I wanted to be an ass back."

"Sadly, you failed."

"Ugh," she said, pouting.

I pecked her cheek and smiled. "A pout looks cute on you."

"Shut up."

"Haha, okay. Your house or mine?"

"Nyree letting you drive somewhere else but home?"

"I already called her earlier, she said to be back before one in the morning."

"Then...my house."

"The castle it is then."

"Stop calling my home a castle."

"You're a princess so it's a castle."

"Stop saying cringy shit already."

"Yes, your majesty."

"Remind me why I'm dating you again?"

"My beautiful features?"

"On second thought, Ina might be a better match for me." Lauren tried to open the door but I caught her wrists in time. I kissed her again and pulled away before she could kiss back.

"Not on my watch."

"Have I mentioned how much I like it when you get possessive?"

"I'm rarely possessive."

"Yeah, but when you do get like that. I like it."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"You're so weird, haha."

"I know but you still love me."

"I do and your weirdness is adorable and the reason why I love you."

"You have a weird type."

I scrunch up my nose. "You're my only type. I only fell for you and I only look at you like that. Other females aren't attractive to me at all nor are any of the guys."

"So you never looked at Lexie or Melanin like you do to me?"

"Hell no, I'll be damned if I ever laid eyes on either of them. I love them but friendly vibes only with them."

"I don't know why you're sleeping on Melanin. She's hot."

"No thanks, her name isn't Lauren Brooks."

"I have you wrapped around my little finger, huh?"

"Damn right. I'm never leaving you."

"You better not, I'll be broken."

"How the hell do you think I'll feel? Happy?"

"If you find someone else, yeah."

"Keep dreaming cause that'll never happen."

"Want to bet?"

"Yeah."

"If I fall for someone else, then you can hate me and ignore me forever."

"Likewise with me."

I held out my hand for her to shake. "Let's shake on it."

She grabs my hand and shakes it. "It's a bet then."