[45] high note

Marlee's POV

"Hey you guys are coming to the party tonight, right?" Lee asked, sitting down on the bench next to me. We were eating breakfast in the Great Hall.

"Um I guess," Aries answered, mouth full of cereal.

Lee beamed, "Brilliant." Then got up to ask another group of people the same question.

"What's gotten into him?" Harlow scoffed, noticing he was even more bubblier than usual.

"Probably just excited to bang Aries tonight," I smirked and ate a bite of my toast.

"Shut up! That is not true," Aries whisper-yelled and wacked me in the arm. "Besides you're the one who's getting some tonight." Her face was bright red.

I rolled my eyes, knowing she wasn't wrong. "Whatever," I said.

We only had one more day of school until it was summer and I wasn't sure if I was happy or sad. I definitely was relieved to not have to worry about tests and homework all the time but I was also disappointed that I wouldn't be seeing George as often. Plus we'd be seventh year's next year and then it was time for the real world. It was a bittersweet feeling.

"Do you guys think there's going to be a war?" Fabienne asked, randomly. I bit the inside of my cheek, thinking about what happened at the Department of Mysteries. "I mean does your family still believe in that Pureblood stuff, Harlow? If You-Know-Who really is back, what's going to happen to us?"

Now this really got me thinking. After You-Know-Who was spotted at the Ministry, almost everyone believed Harry now. Were we going to have to start taking sides soon?

"I'm not really sure, we don't talk about it much..." Harlow hesitated.

Fabienne kept going, "Do you think things will be different next year? I mean if he is building an army, will we be safe?"

"Where's all of this coming from, Fab?" Aries wondered.

Fabienne looked down, quickly shaking her head. "I dunno...I've just been worried about it a lot recently," she mumbled.

"Well I think we'll be just fine. I mean if something happens at Hogwarts, that's Dumblebore's problem, not ours," I tried to comfort her and she cracked a smile that quickly faded.

My worries were starting to fill my head now too but I tried to push them away so I could enjoy my last days with George. But still, did Fabienne have a point? Would we be safe?

The rest of the day, we spent packing up our things in the dormitory until it was time to get ready for the last party of the year.

I decided to wear black flare jeans with a light green corset type top. I combed through my hair with my brush a couple of times and slid on George's scrunchie along with a couple rings and a snake pendant necklace. I applied some lip gloss onto my lips as well as mascara on my eyelashes.

Once the four of us were all ready to go, we headed over to the Room of Requirement. A good amount of people were there already to get the party started—one of those people being my boyfriend—and we jumped right in, getting alcohol into our systems instantly.

I watched as George talked to some seventh year Gryffindors. Although he was a year younger, he was the tallest one of the group of boys and his mannerisms made you think he was a grown adult.

I smiled to myself as I sipped my Firewhisky. The group laughed loudly and George threw his head back before shifting his gaze and spotting me in the distance. He peeked up slightly, saying a few words to the guys then walking over to me. I set my drink down on the standing table next to me, reaching out my arms to pull him in for a hug.