Chp 30 : Unforgettable Night

The drive to Taehyung's house was a silent one. They got in the house and all Taehyung could do was wait in front of his father to say something.

"If you get into a relationship now, your studies will be hampered." Mr. Kim started in a curt and strong tone.

Taehyung was going to say something but got cut off.

"I won't allow this happening in my house. You are the first student and you have to hold that position until you pass out. And I don't see dating helping it in any way." Mr. Kim said.

"But dad I am studying. I also came first in the surprise test few days back and-"

"I don't want any excuses Taehyung! You are not going to meet him anymore and I am gonna make sure of it!" Mr. Kim shouted at him.

Taehyung's eyes filled with tears. He could never imagine his father behave like this with him just because he liked someone and started dating him.

"Dad-"

"I don't wanna hear a single word! Go to your room. Tomorrow is Sunday and you are not stepping out of the house!" Mr. Kim snapped at him.

Taehyung was going to go up when Mr. Kim stopped him.
"Wait."

He turned.

"Give me your phone."

"What?"

"I don't want you to contact him today or tomorrow so give me your phone."

"NO!"

"You either give me your phone now or never meet him again."

Taehyung wasn't getting angry. He was shocked. He couldn't recognize the person standing in front of him. It was so unlike him.

"Dad why are you doing this?" Taehyung said in a broken voice tears falling.

"Give me your phone and go to your room." He said in a low but curt voice.

Taehyung's mind was heaving with so much thoughts that he didn't have any strength left to fight his father so he handed him his phone, more like slammed the phone in his hand and ran to his room.

At this moment all he wanted was Jungkook but he knew that he would also have something going on in his house. He just wished that Jungkook's father doesn't do or behave like his father. The thought of what Jungkook might face was making him more stressed. But all he could do is lay in his bed and drift of to sleep with tears in his eyes and a racing mind.

Meanwhile at Jungkook's place.

He was standing in his living room waiting for his dad to say something.

"Jungkook sit down." Mr. Jeon said in a voice not so predicting his feeling.

"And now you are going to try to separate us aren't you?" Jungkook blurted out.

"I said sit down."

Jungkook not really having an option wanting to know what his dad has to say, he sat down.

"From when are you two dating?" Mr. Jeon asked.

"Two months." Jungkook replied not sure where this is going.

"And how about your studies?" Mr. Jeon asked.

Jungkook furrowed his eyesbrows at the question but answered anyway trying to keep his cool.

"It's going good."

"Hmm I know that because I have seen your result of the surprise test and you have improved." Mr. Jeon said.

Jungkook looked up at him in a shock.

Did he really check my result? Fuck that did he really just compliment me?
Jungkook thought in kind of a shock.

"Uh th-thanks? But what does it have to do with Taehyung?" Jungkook said.

"Look I have no problem, if your grades are good." Mr. Jeon said in a go.

"But I said my grades are good why- wait what did you say?" Jungkook couldn't believe his ears.

"Yes. Actually I saw you both outside our house that day and I could see how happy you were. I have never seen you smile like that in years and instantly I could feel that you were really happy." Mr. Jeon said in a soft emotional voice.

Jungkook was thunder struck. What was his dad saying? Whatever he heard were all those coming from his father's mouth? And did he really see him and Taehyung? When? How?

Mr. Jeon noticed the obvious shock on Jungkook's face and said.

"You think I don't care about you. You think I don't love you. But I do my son. I do with all my heart. It's true that I don't spend a lot of time with you all, but I know everything that goes on your life." Mr. Jeon said and looked at Mrs. Jeon who was standing in a corner.

Mrs. Jeon came forward and sat beside Jungkook.

"Jungkook your father always asks me questions about how you are doing, if you are fine and everything about you. How can a father be ignorant towards his own son?"

It was too much for Jungkook to take. All these years he thought that his father didn't care about him but it was just the opposite. He kept on listening to whatever they had to say with his head down. Eyes filling with tears.

"I'm sorry-" He looked up at his father.

"I'm sorry Dad. I didn't know-"

"It's okay son. You didn't know because I never let you know and that's my fault. But I am always there beside you."

Jungkook did something which was very unexpected to his parents. He got up and hugged his father tight and broke into tears.

"I'm so sorry dad. I just missed having a normal father who would be with his son whenever he needed him. I just wanted you to be around more often. But I had no idea-" He was sobbing ans crying hard.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Jeon's eyes filled with tears seeing Jungkook cry like that. They never knew he was hurting so much inside. Mr. Jeon hugged patted him and tried to calm him down. After some time, the situation calmed down and all of them felt nothing except happiness, especially Jungkook. As soon as he got to his room he called Taehyung to tell him what happened, but his phone was switched off.

Worry again struck him, thinking what he might be facing and he eventually drifted off to sleep.

to be continued...

Author's note: This chapter is quite lengthy I know. I didn't want to take this night to another chapter so I ended it here.
I don't own the picture. It is from Google.