Chp 31 : Cold

Next morning at the Kim's.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim were at the table for breakfast.

"Why are you suddenly behaving like this?" Mrs. Kim asked Mr. Kim but he doesn't reply and continues eating.

"Let me tell you something. I knew they had something going on." Mrs. Kim said and Mr. Kim stopped eating and looked at her.

"You knew?"

"Yes of course I did. I have seen how they look at each other. You can't just stop two people from falling in love!" Mrs. Kim said getting hyper.

"I-" Mr. Kim started but saw Taehyung coming down the stairs and stopped.

Taehyung was looking like he had been stabbed twenty times. He was looking so pale and weak. Mrs. Kim saw him come down and immediately went to him.

"Come Taehyung have some breakfast. You look so weak." She said softly.

Taehyung ignored his mom and looks straight at his father, eyes fluffy.

He says in a soft voice.
"Dad? Dad why are you doing this? Please tell me dad. Did I do something wrong?"

"Please tell me! Why are you doing this to me?! What did I do??" His voice rising.

"Taehyung sit down and have your breakfast." Mr. Kim said in a curt voice.

"No! I don't want to eat. I want an answer. Tell me dad!"

"Don't raise your voice at me. Sit down and eat."

"I won't." Taehyung said and stormed to his room and slammed his door shut. The sound of the door echoed through the entire house.

Mrs. Kim was going to say something to Mr. Kim but she got cut.

"I am going to my study. I don't want anyone to disturb me." He said.

After some time Mrs. Kim took some breakfast and went to Taehyung's room. She slowly opened the door and found Taehyung curled up in a ball, hugging his knees and face hid under his arms and knees. He was crying his eyes out.

He looked up at Mrs. Kim.

"Mom why is dad doing this to me?"
Taehyung said nose red, eyes fluffy and tears falling. Anyone would have cried seeing him cry like that.

His mom's eyes filled with tears and she quickly went and sat in front of him, keeping the tray of food aside.

Taehyung hugged Mrs. Kim and said, still crying.
"Did I do something wrong? Is something wrong with me? What is it mom that dad is suddenly behaving like this? Am I not capable of liking someone? Am I not capable of being liked by someone?" Taehyung kept on crying and asking these questions.

"I don't know either son. I asked him but he didn't tell me anything. I am so sorry Taehyung I am unable to do anything for you." Mrs. Kim said now tears leaving her eyes too.

After Taehyung calmed down a bit, Mrs. Kim somehow was able to make him eat because she knew if he didn't eat he would get sick.

On the other hand Jungkook kept on texting and calling Taehyung all day till evening but got no answer back. He was really getting worked up now. His father and mother had gone to some sudden meeting but they would come back by night time. So Jungkook was unable to calm himself down and started panicking a lot.

He couldn't take any more thoughts and just decided to go to Taehyung's house.

It was getting dark slowly. Jungkook came in front of Taehyung's house and rang the bell. Mrs. Kim opened the door.

"Good evening Mrs. Kim." Jungkook said with a bow and in a hurry trying to look over her shoulder in search of a familiar face.

"Ju- Jungkook?" Mrs. Kim asked scared that it was not a very good time for Jungkook to be in this house when Mr. Kim was behaving like that with Taehyung.

"Where's Taehyung?" Jungkook asked.

"Wh- what are you doing here?" Mrs. Kim asked ignoring his question.

"Taehyung? Where's he?" Jungkook literally passed Mrs. Kim and entered the house and started calling out his name.

"Taehyung? Taehyung!?" Jungkook called looking around.

Taehyung was in his room lying in the bed looking at the ceiling. When he heard Jungkook's voice he didn't believe it at first. But then when he heard it again he sprang up from his bed to go out.

Meanwhile Mr. Kim who was again in his study had also heard Jungkook. He too got up to come out.

Jungkook was standing in the empty place between the stairs and the door. Taehyung saw Jungkook from top of the stairs and his eyes filled with tears.

He ran down the stairs and hugged Jungkook tightly, crying.

"Tae- Taehyung what happened? Why are you crying?" Jungkook said hugging him back.

Taehyung didn't say anything just tightened his grip on Jungkook and cried harder.

Jungkook saw from the corner of his eyes that Mr. Kim was standing at a side. Jungkook kind of understood something was going on and he too now didn't want to break the hug. Taehyung was crying so hard that it made Jungkook cry too.

When Taehyung felt Jungkook cry he broke the hug and looked at Jungkook. He cupped his face and kissed him deep. Taehyung relaxed in the kiss when he felt Jungkook pull him closer.

Taehyung had been cold like a dead person but Jungkook's warmth made him feel alive again.

They were totally oblivious to the fact that they were standing in front of Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

to be continued...

Author's note:
I don't own the picture. It is from Google.