Chapter 6

"Good afternoon, my lovely daughter. Where are you?" Your Mom asked on the other end of the phone.

"It's afternoon?" You squinted as you tried to read the time on your phone.

"Yes, it is. Are you still in bed?"

"Yes, Mom, I am. I went and hung out with some friends last night. What's up?" you said as you slowly sat up in bed.

"Well, we were all wondering where you are. Did you forget about having lunch here today?"

"I didn't know anything about lunch at your house today." Your eyes widened.

"I told your sisters to....oh those little brats. They didn't tell you, did they?"

"No, Mom, they didn't." You jumped out of bed and headed toward the bathroom.

"I should have known better. I'm sorry, sweetie."

"It's ok, Mom. You trusted them to tell me. That's not your fault. I'm going to hop into the shower, and I'll be there as soon as I can."

"See you soon, Y/N. I'll make you a drink for that hangover." You and your Mom said your goodbyes before you both hung up the phone.

Of course, your sisters didn't tell you about lunch at your parents' house today. You don't know why you were surprised by it. Maybe it was because you guys were older, so you'd hoped they had changed, but evidently, that hadn't happened.

After you quickly showered and threw some clean clothes on, you headed out the door. Thankfully your car was waiting for you in your driveway, just like Sofi said it would be.

On the way to your parents' house, you tried your best to prepare yourself for lunch with your sisters. You never knew how they would treat you. Sure they had some vendetta against you for being the baby of the family, but there were those minimal occasions when one or both of them would be nice for a few minutes.

You parked in your usual spot at your parents' house right by the garden. The landscaping was your favorite part of your parents' property. Sure, the big house was lovely, but for you being outside was the best.

"Some things never change." Your Mom greeted you at the backdoor with a smile on her face. "I tried to make a bet with your father on what door you'd use. But he wouldn't bet me because 'You know she'll come through the back. She's going to park her car near the garden.' I don't blame you, though. It's my favorite spot too."

"Remind me to change it one day and let you know so that you can win a bet." You laughed as you hugged your Mom.

"Come on. Everyone is waiting in the dining room." You followed your mom into the dining room.

"Ugh, finally. What took you so long?" You heard Brittany say as you and your mother entered the room. "And what are you wearing?" She wrinkled her nose up at your jean shorts, sandals, tank top, and a flannel shirt.

"Well, if one of you would have told her about today as I asked, she would have been on time," your Mom said as you both sat down.

"I knew we forgot to do something, Britt," Tiffany said with a smirk. "But that doesn't explain the farmer's outfit."

"You two need to find better things to do rather than worry about my clothes."

"There she is." You heard your dad say as he entered the room. "She parked near the garden, didn't she, sweetheart?" he asked your Mom.

"You know me way too well, Dad," you said as you took a drink.

"See, boys. I told you it was a good thing that I didn't take that bet." Your eyes widened as soon as you heard him say 'boys'.

"Watch out, Tiff. She might spit her drink again," Brittany whispered, causing them both to giggle.

"Oh, stop it, you two." Your Mom shot them a look, and they both stopped. "Sit down, gentlemen, so that we can eat." You heard the men make their way over to the table.

"Good afternoon, Y/N." You turned your head to see a smiling Jimin in the chair next to you.

"Good afternoon Jimin," you softly said as you smiled back at him.

You sat there as you ate your food and listened to everyone talk. Occasionally you'd join in on the conversation if someone was talking to you. You tried your hardest to suppress your giggles each time one of your sisters tried to flirt with one of the guys. But a few times, you heard Jimin silently laugh, and you couldn't help it.

"Girls, why don't you and the guys go enjoy some fresh air while your father and I clean up," your Mom said as you all finished eating.

"Are you sure, Mom? I can stay and help."

"It's ok, Y/N we got it." Your mom smiled as she took your plate away from you.

You followed the group outside. Your sisters headed for the shade as the rest of you walked around. You walked into the garden and smiled at the memories of you helping your mom work in it when you were younger.

"This is one of my favorite spots to come whenever I'm over." You jumped at the sound of Namjoon's voice beside you. "Sorry, Y/N, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's alright, Namjoon. I didn't hear you walk up," you said as you held a hand to your chest.

You and Namjoon walked around the garden, talking about the different plants your mom had planted. When you both reached the small pond at the edge, you stopped and watched the ducks play.

"So tell me, Violet, how long have you three owned Cypher?" Your body went tense at his question. As you turned to look at him, you could see everyone walking towards the pond and realized why he had asked in Korean.

"Should have known one of you would have figured it out." You shook your head. "How did you put the clues together?"

"Well," Namjoon smiled as he rocked back on his heels. "Jin thought it was you when you came over to the table. He said he 'could tell by your eyes'. Then Tae said that he had to save you from falling and recognized your voice. Plus, that tiny purple heart on your ankle."

"Crap!" you said as you looked down at your tattoo. "I was in such a hurry I forgot to cover it."

"Don't worry, Y/N, your secret is safe with us."

"Thank you, but how could Jin tell by just my eyes?" you asked as you looked at him.

"We've known you for years Y/N. While you were busy trying to avoid us, we were busy trying to figure out the only person in school that would run away whenever we came near them." You laughed at that. Here you thought that you had been smooth with your running away. But they had seen you the whole time.

"Enjoying the pond, I see." Your dad said as the group finally joined you. "Now, since we are all here, we have something to discuss."