Chapter 22

You opened the bathroom door and froze. Jin was sitting on the edge of your bed, staring out the window. "Jin?" you asked, trying to get his attention. You saw a flash of pink in his eyes when he turned to look at you. It was then you remembered that you were only in a towel, which you started to adjust to make sure all your lady bits were covered. "Is there something you need?"

"Sofi said I should bring this up to you." He lifted a sling that was sitting beside him on the bed. "She also said that you might need some help with the wounds." You blushed as you remembered what she had said before she left. "Don't worry Y/N; I won't lick you unless you want me to." he said with a slight smile.

"I umm...thanks." You cleared your throat as you headed toward your dresser. "Hey, Jin? Could you please get me a button-up shirt out of the closet?" You asked as you headed to the bathroom.

"Does it matter which one?"

"Nope." you said before you shut the door. Putting on your shorts and underwear was a bit of a struggle with only one arm, but you managed to get them on. You took a deep breath and held the towel to your chest as you opened the door again. Jin was now standing by the window and staring out of it. "Jin, are you ok?"

He turned to respond to you, "Yeah, I'm just making sure none of them come back." He turned back to the window one last time.

"Who were they?" you asked as he walked closer to you.

"They were hired by the Sasaeng pack. That pack doesn't believe that wolves have destined mates. They think that we owe them our love and that we are supposed to be with only them."

"Thank you." you said as you grabbed the shirt from him. "How did you find out where they were from?"

"We have a few people on the inside that gave me the info. I wanted to deal with them before they left. But they set out a few days sooner than they should have. So I've spent the last few days trying to get back here as quickly as possible."

"Is that why you look so tired and stressed?"

"What makes you think that I'm tired and stressed, Y/N?" He crossed his arms.

"Your eyes tell everything." You smiled as you remembered him saying something similar to you at your parents' store.

"Let's get you fixed up so that we both can get some rest." Jin chuckled and carefully turned you towards the bathroom. "Jimin was right. That wolf got you pretty good." You watched him in the mirror as he looked at your back. "Do you have any bite or scratch marks anywhere else?"

"I have some scratch marks on my stomach. But I can get them myself." He gave you a nod before grabbing the gel on the counter.

Goosebumps spread across your body as soon as you felt his breath on your back and his hand touched you so that he could apply the gel. Thanks to the pain pill that Sofi had given you earlier, it wasn't too painful. But you wished for the pain right now. Because all you could focus on was him. The feeling of his warm breath. The warmth and tingling sensation that his finger brought each time they touched your back.

"Y/N?" Jin said softly behind you.

"Hmm?" You had closed your eyes at some point. You couldn't help it. Between the medicine and his touch relaxing you, your mind started to wander.

"You know how as a pack, we can feel some of the emotions other members are having?" You felt his hand move to apply the gel to the bite on your arm. His breath on your bare neck and shoulder made the goosebumps reappear.

"Mmmhmm." Whoever told you that your emotions would be more potent as a wolf wasn't lying.

"Well, as a mate, you can feel those and other things that normal pack members can't. And as your mate, I'm going to need you to think about something else. Because how you're feeling right now is making it very difficult for me to concentrate."