part 5

The worried expression on her face returned. She can't escape this now can she?

"No y/n you don't understand-"

"just tell me Miko!" I said stubbornly, raising my voice. 

She exhaled. "I can't. I can't tell you…..because you seem really happy y/n  and I can't see you being robbed of all the happiness you deserve. Just listen to me. Endeavour will shamelessly blabber about everything that happened a year ago, not giving two fucks about your happiness or mental health. I don't want that." her face showed an unknown despair. I wasn't able to decipher what kind of thing could have made her so desperate.

I sighed, trying to digest the little warning she gave me. Sure she knew the consequences but hey she still didn't tell me what I asked.

"I know you're worried about me, Miko but sooner or later I am gonna find out. So why not next week. Its not like I can sleep peacefully not knowing how I ended up here? what business I had with endeavour?"

"but-"

"So please don't make this harder for me. You aren't telling me what I asked. I am gonna go to him on Monday and I don't care what it is. I just want to know and get it over with"

"that's the whole point y/n. I doubt you'll get over it" she mumbled.

"If that's the case. I am ready to face the consequences" 

"So you're still stubborn as ever" she smiled weakly giving in. 

"I don't know, am I?" I teased her.

She threw a pillow at me which I dodged successfully, "yes you are!"

~*~*~**~~***~*~*

I had to make it past this week to successfully carry out my mission which was to reach Endeavor's place on Monday by any means. I tried extra hard to move my ass properly. Guess what? Everyone said I was making even faster progress. It was exhausting but it was worth it.

While living our normal lives, nobody appreciates or applauds our efforts even after doing a twelve hours work shift but in this place, I was mad appreciated by every person around me for trying so hard. I think hospital staff were so used to seeing depressed patients who were so done with life that when I showed hopes of living a good life. Everyone cheered for me like they cheered for their country to win at national football matches. 

I visited Mrs. Todoroki thrice. She was really really nice to me. No wonder why I considered her as my second mother. She showed genuine care towards me. All three times I visited her, I saw in her eyes, pity for me. Her eyes spoke of matters not known to me yet. I assured her repeatedly that I was doing perfectly fine in hopes that whatever sympathy she had for me vanishes but to no avail. I didn't know why she was pitying me. I was doing fine right? Also I tried to comprehend why I was so involved with the Todoroki family but that too was no good. It was only once that Mrs. Todoroki said

"I was so relieved that T-" then she cut herself off with a shadow of sadness on her perfect continence. 

It was always the letter 'T'. First Miko and then her. My small brain couldn't make any hypothesis regarding the matter. What can I say, you wouldn't want to overwork your brain just after you recover from brain injury. Trust me you don't unless you're prepared for the headache it gives. 

I gave my notepad a rest because eventually I will get to know what really happened once I visit that endeavour guy. 

The week I was hoping would end went by faster than I expected. Everyday Miko tried reasoning with me, but I didn't listen to her. I was determined to go there.