part 22

Two days in Musutafu he kept me in a place he said belonged to his friend and we could stay there. 

I hadn't been out much. 

In fact I hadn't been out at all. 

Well I guess I was dreaming all along. He wouldn't take me with him. He wouldn't seem to get girls all over him if he brings one to begin with. 

He kept on saying it wasn't safe for me to go out. 

What does he think? He thinks I am a child that would run around screaming to be found out. 

Also I think he became even more distant in the past two days. I had barely seen him for even 3 hours. 

He was cold, distant and mysterious as always. The thing that bugged me more was he was out all night probably hanging out with girls having a drink and doing God better doesn't know what. 

Ughh!! I didn't like it. Why does he get to make me feel that way and I didn't.

I had seen basically no male excluding him and he was out seeing other women. 

"This is so frustrating" I held my forehead. 

I suddenly heard a creaking sound, probably opening of the door. 

I had a fifty-fifty situation in mind of whether it'd be dabi or some freak or some bounty hunter or some hero itself. 

Well that isn't fifty-fifty but who cared, I grabbed a wooden log for defense. Walking slowly towards the door, the log lifted. 

It was Dabi. 

"Y/n what are you doing with that?" he was kinda terrified seeing me holding a stick. 

In two days it was the first time he called my name, "Umm I thought you were some freak" I threw the stick away and it made a long thud sound adding to the weird situation even more. "well, you are but not that kind"

"dig a dress tonight" he said and walked away the next moment. 

I hadn't even had the time to digest what he said. 

'Dig a dress tonight…...dig a dress tonight' the words echoed in my brain. 

"Heyyy!! Don't run away! What kind of dress for what? What time?" I screamed looking out of the door but it looked like he had already left. 

My heart was thumping at the sudden revelation of me going out tonight. 

"Finally!!yess!" I did a little victory dance. It was time for me to shine. Guess it was time for the hair dye to be on my head. 

I was tired of wearing wigs due to the disguise.

I dyed my hair (h/c) and took out a red dress which had no sleeves and was slightly above the knees. 

I assumed the time to be 7 pm so I started getting ready at 7:30.

It took me some time but I was able to make my hair, skin, lips and myself as a whole look perfect. I looked in the mirror. 

God! I've never seen myself like that. Not that I remembered. It made me feel powerful and confident. 

Around 8:30 I heard the door open and this time I knew who it was. 

"How do I look-" I almost asked too enthusiastically before noticing who it was.  

Whoever it was, it wasn't him.