part 26

I ran my fingers through my hairs, being in the middle of a conflict with myself. I had no solid proof yet I kept getting signs of something I've been imagining all along. I didn't want the shadow which was convincing me, completely take over me. I've just been getting hunches and vibes. That was not something solid to rely on. 

If only the very thoughts would retreat. It'd be the best for everyone. 

"Y/n have you prepared the breakfast" I heard Dabi's voice behind me. 

I whirled in absolute confusion, furrowing my eyebrows in questionable expression. I saw he was holding the bridge of his nose, in a way which conveyed he regretted what he said. 

But I didn't understand it. How could he make such a mistake. 

To make sure I gulped and asked, "What…. Did you say??"

"Ughh nevermind," he shook his head while looking down at the floor and started marching forward slowly. 

"b-but why did you say it?" I asked half smiling unwillingly, "I don't know how to cook" I scratched my neck. 

"Breakfast's ready. I hope it is to your liking and you'd stay one more day with me" I heard my own voice dwelling in the back of my head for a millisecond. 

"You do…..but it's fine. I was just spacing out" he gestured that it was okay and went into the room behind me. 

He said I did. 

I did… know how to cook. I forgot it. 

I snapped my head backwards. Widening my eyes, "How do you know" I spoke in a louder tone. 

"What?" he came out and asked casually.

"You" I brought my index finger up to stress the point, "said I knew how to cook. How do you know it" 

"ahh! It was just a guess. So you do know how to cook" he smiled.

It might seem very believable, casual and a trivial matter. I might be too dramatic or daydreaming but all I thought at that moment was he should at least try harder to make it look real. I could tell it for sure he was lying. 

Why? Because he does everything but smile regularly. It was not normal and not the truth. 

I felt it. 

I felt it deep into my heart that there was something I was still unaware of. Constant recollection of small bits of memory only when he was around. 

"Y/n" he brought me back to the moment, "Are you gaining your memories?" 

He was able to decipher what I was thinking. Was that possible? Was it his quirk? I thought his quirk was fire related.

"I was going to ask you the same thing" I blurted, "Actually I am getting a lot of flashbacks lately but none of them include the information for which I was kidnapped." I put a strand of hair behind my ear, "I only get them when you're around" I guess I shouldn't have said that.