His POV

Since we're really 18 parts into the story I thought this is the time to reveal something extraordinary. Have you wondered about what Dabi have been thinking this past year and what was he doing all this time without y/n.

Well I got you! Here's the first Dabi's pov in this book. Hope you enjoy it<3

_______________________________________

Dabi
**********

The day I burnt myself. I thought I'd die but I survived. I couldn't believe it. Loose pieces of skin were hanging off my body. It wasn't the best condition yet I survived but the thing was.

Only I knew it.

My flames turned from bright orange to blue. It was as if I couldn't recognize myself.

When I woke up in the burnt training ground....

The first person I thought about was y/n.

Maybe everyone thought that I was dead and were probably making preparations for my funeral, I didn't care. Only person I cared about was y/n. I wanted to let her know I was alive. I had witnessed first hand that no matter how hard I try to be better, my trash father won't accept me.

The person who accepted me was y/n.

And like a fool I never gave her the attention she deserved.

I thought I would no more prioritize my training over her. I remember going to see her once a week sometimes and she would still be smiling at me like she had seen a very precious thing.

I didn't deserve her. Therefore, I'd become the man she deserves because I'm too possessive to give her to someone better than me.

That's why I wanted her to know I was alive and I was all about her then.

I went to her home expecting her to be there but I found a lock on her front door. Maybe she had been making preparations for my funeral and she wasn't home. All I could do was wait for her sitting on the front door, I waited, waited and waited.

And waited

The light of the day slowly faded.

She never showed up.

It was odd for her to not come to her home even at night.

I wandered in the streets looking like a maniac, thinking maybe I could bump into her on the way. I came across a shop with televisions on display, the news was being telecasted.

It was about the car crash that happened the day before. I didn't care about it until...

A red coloured car was smashed by a truck yesterday evening....

Red coloured car? I snapped my head in the direction of bright screen throwing dim light on my face.

....The witnesses say that the driver was rash driving. Her name was y/n l/n she had major head injury and it is believed that she died on spot. Now moving onto another event from yesterday.......

She.....died!?

No! no! She can't die just yet she was just 19.

.....the training ground near no. 2 Hero Endeavor was engulfed by blue flames and his eldest son was caught up in the fire. Although the body wasn't retrieved, some of his DNA was all over the place which signifies the fact the body might be burnt and turned into ash.