part 32

The music was so loud and overwhelming. I could feel it in my bones. Filling me up with desire to let it all out in the form of dancing and hiding away in the darkness of sinners. The red lights were in air, making the vision more blunt. 

There were people. A lot of them are all moving in rhythm, some throwing up in the corners or getting intimate in the open. Getting high on white powder and alcohol. There were girls kneeling in front of men, pleasures and groans were heard from those directions. The air smells of alcohol, cologne, sex, cigarettes and more sex. 

The pungent desire was so evident, making me go back to the times when me and Touya were all about each other, the nights his clothes would lay on the floor of my room or the other way around . It has been so long. I remember him spinning me around the room kissing while I hung on him with my legs around his waist and my fingers up his neck brushing his hair… 

Stop. 

The point was that it had been so long since I stopped doing that and went to my corruption arc. I believe I should have fun. I am not bound by anyone, nor am I necessarily with someone. I guess I could say that. I go in with force into the dancing crowd letting it all into me and forgetting all that I was feeling lately. 

So many of the girls around me had sunk themselves into the bodies of strangers. I wanted to go to the table where bartenders were serving drinks but with me being lightweight, it was a bad idea. I couldn't risk being spotted here. Especially with all the news buzzing with my names. I am grateful to Endeavor he has made sure no reporter gets to me. They'd find every reason to prove that I am somehow connected with the league of villains. At some point I was. But I don't want to talk about it, I was stupid.

The crowd around me pushed me as the beats of the songs went and I was going with the flow, getting drunk on the dizzy air of the club, getting drunk on the freely moving crowd, getting drunk in the sense of not being recognized by any person there. 

Just as I was feeling lightweight, feeling the neon lights on my face and my hair on my shoulders.

My eyes flew around recklessly, not really focusing on any person. Just taking in the whole view and aesthetics of the place. The intoxicating feeling gripped me. Somewhere in the distance, among the moving heads there stayed a shadow for millisecond disappearing the very next moment. Too late for me to stabilize myself and stare at it. I looked around, rotating my head the whole 360 degrees in stress. Panic was what I felt then. I knew I felt a stare on me. Maybe this was not a good idea, I shouldn't have come all the way here in the delicate situation where I just made my debut to the clean hero world as someone who was kidnapped a few months ago. Maybe I was not safe. I had my quirk but I've seen enough psychopaths with power far exceeding me. Before I could realize it myself I was stressfully making my way out of the dancing crowd. Thumping my shoulders here and there, disbalancing disbalanced people. If anyone spots me here. It would not be pretty. It would be an ugly mess. Mess I wanted to avoid at any cost. 

Half way into the crowd I felt an arm come around my waist dragging me backward. A raw sense of fear shook my soul, leaving goosebumps all over my body. I might have shuddered and looked too vulnerable. Before I could break free another arm came around pulling me backwards. I struggled and was about to scream when one of those hands blocked my mouth, I felt cold iron on my cheeks when my nerves suddenly felt immensely calmed down. 

"It's me. Why're you so scared?"

He let go of his hand around my mouth returning to my waist and pulled me into his embrace maybe for reassurance. 

I spinned my head and there he was, looking protectively around the room with a furrow of eyebrows maybe searching for the nonexistent cause of my fear, "You" I heard my voice. Faintly over the music.