part 24

"Run guys it's a raid. If you get caught, don't spill information." We heard someone screaming at the top of their lungs. 

The shrillness of the voice pierced through my ear drums even though I wasn't attentive. 

After that only confused noises, hassle and squealing followed. Everyone was trying to make their way out of the main door, some of them went up stairs to hide. In such a rush only two people who were not in motion were him and me. The neon light shone upon his metal face. I bet my face was shining too. 

I didn't know we had the power to see things in slow motion until I experienced that moment. He was looking right into my eyes. The impending doom upon us was, I guess, sitting aside waiting for us to finish.

"So what do you say?" he asked.

"Say what?" 

"The question I asked earlier" 

"Isn't it obvious? No!" I said in a duh tone. 

"Well too bad then I'm not letting you go" he gripped my shoulders firmly. 

It was only then reality hit me and I observed in the background half of the people had already left the club. I think it was time to be serious. I didn't want to go to a life I despised. 

The one I was living in was good enough for me. 

Maybe, just maybe because…….

I gazed up at him... 

I broke the chain of thoughts. I hadn't had enough courage to dive myself into those thoughts and come out to face the part yet. All I knew was we can't afford to get caught. 

"Let go of me, we need to leave" I said like it was obvious. I thought he'd let me go like always. 

He didn't. 

"why?" he asked in a low voice. In his eyes was persistence. The one I hadn't seen before. 

"You're asking me why? Do you not see everyone leaving. It's a fucking raid"  I ranted. 

"Oh is that so? Nonetheless I'm not letting you go" He moved closer resting his head on my shoulder, "You're my girl for today" 

His hair tickled against the skin on my neck, my whole body had a tingling fit. 

"When you had to be near me I don't know where you were lingering and now that we need to leave you're throwing tantrums." I complained, "I really don't get you at all" 

"Hey you two it's no time to flirt, they're almost here. If by any chance you two get caught don't reveal anything you know about anyone, Got it? I warned you and now I'm leaving. This is your last chance" A man came in a hurry and upon seeing us he blabbered. 

It made me nervous. I've never experienced a raid. Not that I remember of course but I had a fleeting thought of what it would be like to get caught. Would they beat me, in addition they will come to know that I was hiding on purpose and not kidnapped. It would be a mess. Mere thought of it was enough to scare me.