part 17

"Overhaul. You might recognize me if I say leader of Shie Hassakai''

Oh hell no! I had no time to be messing around with a rising power, yet when I looked down at Eri's face. I tried to ignore the thoughts of leaving her side. 

After all, I started it. I poked my nose in somebody else's business. Damn! God was really testing me. 

And where the hell was Toga!? 

"How come you know so much about me?" I asked him.

And what the hell were those heroes doing? Handing a child full of wounds to somebody who caused them. 

I knew I had to make my heart of stone but for unknown reasons, I was failing miserably at it. Eri reached out to me first and being an adult, I shouldn't let down a child, right?

Yes I think I'm right. Those heartless villains were messing with my way of thinking. I was not a bad person at core. I should help Eri at least. That would be one good deed I'd flex on internally. 

I definitely should. 

"You've an important information on endeavor right" he asked me

"I forgot it"

"and you have a powerful quirk"

"No doubt about that" 

"Also you're legally dead"

I thought for a second, "I guess you could say that"

"Then why not change your name and appearance and work for us"

That escalated quickly. Was I so appealing that now I'm getting offers from mafias to join them but I was already working under league. I knew I wanted to experience the underworld closely but not like this. 

I didn't like Shie hassakai at all. The only reason I was considering it was because I wanted to do something for Eri. If it wasn't for her sake. I would've had disappeared by now. 

"What if I deny?" I asked, folding my hands. 

"With the possibility of you gaining your memories again, Endeavor, your friend and few other heroes who knew about your living state have been searching for you all over. It may look calm on the outside but it's chaotic. There are a lot of bounty hunters seeking for you secretly, even a reward is placed on you. I could let out the word where you are"

Ohh! 

I completely forgot about that part of my life since everything turned upside down. Of course they're looking for me. I disappeared in thin air one fine day without any prior notice. 

But do I want to go back to them? 

Is it wrong if I say no. 

Because after finding out even Miko didn't tell me about me being legally dead. Doesn't that put her on Endeavor's side. What they had been planning behind me. I had no idea. I don't wanna go back to them. 

"My offer still stands," overhaul said. 

I was going to accept it anyways because I had to help Eri and once I was done, I'd escape from there and my intuition was pointing at a possibility of Shie hassakai falling down. 

The way heroes were on patrol particularly here, the way I was going to go with Shie Hassakai. Would league be coming to kidnap me again? Or heroes would be storming the base resulting in me getting found. 

League wouldn't care about me that much, and I can easily slip out without heroes noticing. I think I got this. 

"Fine I'll join your pathetic group"