part 15

"Alright" I guess I could do it. Bandages were used on me, it can't be helped. 

I apologized to Toya. He surely wouldn't have liked something like this if he were here. 

*~*~*~*~*

"ay, slow down, don't pull it out," he complained. 

"but staples are not coming out.."

"You're only gonna make me more injured"

"Look I am trying okay, OH MY GOD blood is coming out what should I do" I panicked. 

"Take cotton. You are a complete idiot I should've done it myself"

"Don't complain I haven't pulled out anyone's staples before"

"Ahh-" he squealed 

"Does it hurt, I am sorry I'd do mo-"

"You're as clumsy as ever"

I turned silent, up until then only Miko told me I was 'as clumsy as ever'. How could he say it?

I shook my head denying my own thoughts. 

Stop thinking about pointless things. 

"Y/n something wrong?" his voice dropped. 

"No" 

"You turned silent all of a sudden" 

"Why do you care?" I said glancing up at him only to discover he was glancing at me too.

"I don't," he said bluntly.

If so then why look at me like that? 

"don't call me y/n. Call me by my last name" I changed the topic. 

"What makes you think I'll do as you say?" he said, grabbing his t-shirt and putting it on. 

"Just stating my preferences." 

He left the room without a word. I thought he wouldn't come back but he did, with a blanket.

I was stunned that he actually remembered I needed a blanket. 

I took the it from him, "Um….thanks I guess"

"Don't bleed again, I don't have any bandages left……and…..if you need anything else I will be in the hall" he said staring at the wall on the right. 

"Are you sure this is how you keep captives?" I asked him. 

"I never babysit captives. I don't know" he said, leaving the room as if to avoid talking about the topic. "But I can say captives don't behave like you do" I heard a voice fading into the hall. 

Was I supposed to take pride in myself? I did anyway. 

I started doing my bed, the bed sheet and pillows had large stains of blood, they looked nasty. Ironic how they were caused by me and not by him. 

I turned off the light lying on bed, now the only light that came into the room was blue greyish moonlight from the window.

Being alone like that, the thoughts I've been curbing came to the surface. 

I was trying my best to deny it but they weren't going. 

That time when I was redoing Dabi's staples. I was so close to him. His nape looked attractive. Although that wasn't the thing which caught my mind. The thing which caught my mind was, the smell of burnt skin. His smell seemed like the magnified version of the faint smell I caught in Touya's clothes.