part 16

It's been three days since Dabi left… 

Why the fuck am I even keeping a count? 

But anyways three days since Dabi left I've been all over the city with Toga. She's probably on petrol. I don't know where she gets so much energy from. 

She drags me to places, buys stuff. Requests me to buy stuff with her, tells me about Dabi. According to her I want to know about him but I deny it. 

Which is so untrue. Why would I want to know about him? 

It was the fourth day, afternoon and we were analyzing my closet.

I wasn't very interested in it so I was just sitting in a corner while she went through my clothes. 

"l/n san these hoodies are too oversized. They look so cute. Where did you find them?" she asked, showing me the hoodies. 

"Oh! Those are Touya's. They aren't actually mine" 

"I wish I could summon him to ask him where he got them,"  

"Please do" I scoffed

"He had exceptionally good taste" she took out more.

"I know right" I smiled proudly. 

She was about to take out more of my clothes. By that time it was a total mess, my clothes were lying here and there. 

"Wait a minute, don't tell me this belongs to you!!" her voice became suddenly high pitched, her eyebrows raised in absolute surprise. She stretched her hands and took out a folded shiny turquoise thing and then waved it in the air, the silk folds opened smoothly and what did I discover? 

It was a turquoise prom dress. 

There was no way I could bring such a thing to Hosu city. It took me a moment to recognize I did see something like that back in my apartment. Dabi was the one who brought it here and if so, why? And he even knew where I lived!? Meaning he was the stalker who had been stalking me since then. 

My jaw dropped open. I got up in a rush and took surprisingly long strides to hold that dress in my hands as soon as I could.

Toga was so impressed at the sight of it and kept praising it in the background but my attention was directed somewhere else. It was a turquoise dress. 

The turquoise dress… 

The colour turquoise was the colour of mystery for me. The colour turquoise has always had a history with me. 

I wondered what the purpose of that dress was.

I reached out my hand holding it, it's silk waving as I did so and quickly images flashed by my eyes. 

A prom, couples dancing.

But I wasn't dancing. 

I was alone. 

And then darkness..

I blinked multiple times snapping out of it. Toga was waving her hand in front of my face. 

"L/n san, what happened? Isn't this your dress?" she asked in a confused tone. 

"Yeah! It's mine. I was surprised what this dress is doing here" I chuckled trying to brush it off. 

"There's only one way this is here" Toga's look reignited with a wide teasing grin on her face, "Who else do you think brought your clothes here?"