#Twenty-one: In which she has something to explain.

My cheeks turn bright red as soon as we walk into the dining hall and all eyes turn in our direction. Including my sister, brother, and Tyler's as they start to chuckle among themselves. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all... I think bashfully, but Matt's words rip me out of my thoughts as he snorts.

'Imagine what their faces would look like if I'd carried you bridal style.'

'Ain't happening!'

I giggle back, reaching out to grab a croissant while trying to hold myself steady by wrapping my legs around his hips. It's too late to back out now. I think already biting off a piece, crumbling onto Matt's shirt as he walks over to the coffee machine and laughs.

'You really are starving if you're already eating before having your morning coffee.'

'Your fault.'

I murmur munching on another bite as Matt hands me my coffee in my empty hand. This is harder than it looks! I groan pushing the croissant between my teeth, holding onto him with one hand as I try not to spill any coffee onto Matt with the other. Somehow walking myself seems easier than this... I snort as Matt holds his own coffee and breakfast in one hand while walking over to the others who are looking rather amused by the sight of us. He puts his own stuff on the table first before I hand him over my cup so I can get off his back when Alex chuckles at us both.

'Care to explain what's going on here?'

'Getting breakfast.'

I say as if it's nothing special while slipping onto the couch making Matt snort knowingly. Rebekah, on the other hand, seems awfully quiet as she squints her eyes studying us both in silence. I pay her no mind, biting another piece out of my croissant scooting over so Matt can sit down as well.

'And since when do you actually eat solid foods in the morning?'

My brother asks entertained, looking all over me. What? I quirk my eyebrow wondering why they all can't seem to stop staring. I know it's strange for Matt and me to act like this, but it isn't like we've never had our quirky moments together before...  I drink a sip of my coffee, overly exaggerating my movements toward Alex as I mutter to him.

'See, there's nothing wrong with me. I'm still running on caffeine, like usual. Can you stop staring now?'

He lifts his hands in surrender although the smirk on his face tells me that there's still something else on his mind. Not in the mood, I turn to Tyler and Rebekah. Both of them are smirking as well making me roll my eyes. Jesus, give a girl some space... I sigh, taking another bite as I mumble.

'I'm sorry for bailing so suddenly yesterday, Ty.'

'Don't sweat it. Rebekah told me what happened in the back, so I understand.'

He waves it off as I glance over to Matt who's also happily scarfing down his plate of food. Alex drawing my attention away from him again as he says.

'I managed to make another deal with the club manager, so Adam won't be an issue anymore. Hell, he's probably halfway to Timbuktu after Lex was done with him.'

Jesus, you really are the dumbest out of us three! I cuss and not just me, but also Rebekah immediately kicks him underneath the table to get him to shut the hell up. You can't keep anything to yourself, you're worse than us girls! I groan glaring at him as Matt looks over, swallowing down his last bite as he huffs.