#Four: In which she'll dig up a piece of ancient history.

My mind spins and I close my diary for a brief moment. I barely could remember anything from that night, but I could still recall the necklace he gave me. It was so beautiful! Although I can't remember where I put it. Strange, I haven't seen it for years. I can't believe I actually forgot all of thatHow on earth can someone forget that?! It was my frikkin' birthday, for God's sake! But then suddenly every single thing about that day came rushing back to me, among with something else... A date. I quickly open up my diary again and search for the next entry after that.

'T-The next d-day... T-That's why I forgot the entire day before...'

I stutter, already pained by the thought of what I'm about to read next. I guess I didn't want to remember because of what happened the day after... Now I come to think of it, I barely remember that whole week, or month even... All besides that one day. I can't recall what happened exactly, but that one particular date I'll never forget... Because it had been engraved in my mind. I squeeze my eyes shut as soon as I read the first line, dragging my fingers through my hair out of frustration. Already second-guessing myself for doing this. Is all of this really necessary? I question myself, but just by doing that already gave out the answer. It is necessary, otherwise, it wouldn't have bothered me in the first place. I'm the one who wants to leave behind the past. I can't back out now, it's way too late for that. I've come this far, now I need to finish it as well. Even if it gets painful in the end...