#Twenty-four: In which she makes him cry.

As soon as I hear my phone buzz I dart around, trying to shut it off without waking Matt. But it's to no avail as he immediately wraps his arms around my waist, spooning me as he murmurs between a yawn.

'Come on, beautiful. At least give me five more minutes to cuddle with you until you disappear on me again...'

I giggle, quickly shutting off the alarm before turning back around in his embrace. Grazing my fingers through his messy hair as he lazily opens his eyes when I tell him.

'It's just one more day.'

'If you're going to utter the word work one more time ...I'll punish you.'

He groans although I see a little sparkle in his eyes. Tempting. A slight blush creeps up my cheeks as I can't help but wonder what kind of punishment it would be while I murmur.

'Actually, I don't have to work today.'

Not sure whether or not that also counts for punishment. I grin since I spoke the word work but in the opposite sense... He quirks his brow, slightly shaking his head as he asks his voice still low and gruff tainted with sleep.

'Then why the rush?'

'Because tomorrow is your birthday, doofus! I have to get all of the preparations in order and lay a final touch on your gift.'

He shrugs, not impressed as he tightens his hold around me. Pressing my head against his sturdy chest as he whispers.

'My birthday. My rules. And right now I just want you to stay here with me for at least another five minutes. I know you don't want to leave as well, beautiful. So just stop being a pain already and give me a kiss.'

My chuckle gets muffled away as I try to turn my head up to him. Seeing the cheeky smile on his face, just when I'm about to kiss him and I can't help but scoff.

'You're such a smartass, aren't you? Like you know everything about me.'

'I know a whole lot...'

He whispers teasingly, rubbing his nose against mine.

'Okay, if that's true... What's my favorite music?'

'That's a trick question, you love all kinds of music and don't have a preference. If we're going to play this game at least give me some real questions to answer, beautiful.'

He mumbles kissing my head. Okay, let's see...

'My favorite breakfast then?'

'Coffee as a starter, a double hazelnut latte. And as far as food goes? If that baker is still in business, it must be a stiff little butterfingers donut. Peanutbutter filling, just like honey with a chocolate glaze and crunched chick-o-sticks on top.'

He smirks, knowing it's the right answer. Dammit. I think for a moment, trying to figure out a harder question before I ask.

'Color?'

'Green.'

Fuck, that's also right. I grumble. The same green as your beautiful eyes... I think peering into them, not that I'm going to ask him to elaborate! To mortified he might actually know the answer to that as well. But he won't know this one...