058 | Beautiful

I sat watching Jungkook on his bed while he lays lifeless

I sat watching Jungkook on his bed while he lays lifeless. He was now a lot paler than before. I took the hot cloth from his shoulder and dunked it in the ice-cold water to try cooling his body down from the shock Namjoon had gave him.

Jungkook squeezed his eyes shut as he winced, feeling the colder cloth go onto his skin again.

"This isn't right," Jungkook mumbled. "I don't know who that man is anymore."

"He's your Alpha Jungko-"

"Then explain this!" Jungkook gazed over to his shoulders, "No Alpha should treat his members like this and it's not the first time this has happened."

I stayed silent. I didn't know how to answer Jungkook. After all, he was right this time.

"Try not to provoke him, that's what you're good at Jungkook. You always find new ways to anger him."

"No, it's not new ways, Indigo. It's always about you."

I frowned, "Me? Why?"

Jungkook chuckled, "Don't act stupid because you are certainly far from it. I just wish you weren't that asshole's mate."

"He'll get better." I assured, I heard Jungkook scoff, shaking his head, "I can't believe he even pretended to forget you. How stupid is that?

I froze. It was just an act? He let me cry for his entertainment?

I stood up, getting ready to leave to let him get some rest on his own. He carefully gripped my hand, staring at me. I smile carefully, using my other hand to loosen his grip. "It's okay. Try to go to sleep and I will be back to check on you later."

I left his room and quietly closed the door behind me. I walked a few rooms down and stopped at Namjoon's room. I was fighting myself to go in, but a part of me wanted to leave him and that's what I did. I forced myself to walk away without another glimpse at his door.

"How is Jungkook?" Taehyung asked, coming out of his room. "He's doing fine. He just needs some sleep and he will be better soon, hopefully. Namjoon really burnt him this time."

Taehyung sighed, "They just can't get along these days. I'm sorry you have to witness it."

I gave him a small smile until Jimin came running around the corner, "Taehyung, are you ready?" He nodded and patted me on the back, "I'll see you later, Indigo." He then ran towards Jimin and left the house.

Weird.

The house is really quiet today. I didn't like it at all.

Bored with nothing to do, I wandered around the house. I looked at all the frames hanging up on the walls memorising them all. Dates were written on some as they showed some dated back to the 1800s.

One stood out to me the most. Whenever I would walk past it would always catch my attention. It was an art piece of a field full of roses and sunflowers. I smiled looking at all the small fine details the artist had painted. It was stunning.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Namjoon's voice caught me off guard, making me snap out of my thoughts. I looked over to see him stand beside me.

"I didn't hear you walk over," I mumbled.

"I never wanted to disturb you. I can see my art has caught your attention." He smirked, staring at me.

My eyes widened. "You painted this?" My jaw wanted to hang low. Namjoon was talented.

"I painted it when we first moved to Alaska." I raised my eyebrow, I was amazed.

"Listen, I will apologise to Jungkook, and I wanted to fully apologise to you. I don't want you getting hurt because of me. I thought it was for the best to pretend to forget you so you could move on."

I bit my lip. Jungkook was right after all.

"Namjoon I-"

I was interrupted by a loud thud coming from the front door, followed by Jin shouting.

"GUYS I FOUND IT, I FINALLY FOUND IT, I FOUND THE CURE!" Jin repeated repeatedly. He rushed towards us. Namjoon walked over, opening his arms to hug him. As they hugged, I stood wishing I could capture this moment forever, it was beautiful.

I knew I was instantly forgiving him. I was going to get my old Namjoon back.

"Come on in here, Indigo, we can't leave our only girl out at this moment!" Namjoon held his hand out for me to take it.

"Thank you, Jin," I whispered in his ear, wrapping my arms around the two men. I was forever grateful for what I had.