026 | Let You Go

"You weren't meant to find out like this," Jungkook sighed

"You weren't meant to find out like this," Jungkook sighed. I looked away from him, I knew it.

"I don't understand. Do you not trust me?" I lowered my voice, "Is this why you moved?" I looked back up and stared at him in his eyes.

"I trust you with my whole life," Jungkook replied instantly. He then struggled to find any more words, he remained silent.

"Indigo, I did not want to scare you. This was all bad timing." Jungkook scratched the back of his neck as I shook my head.

"From now on, we are back to how we were. No secrets." Jungkook nodded, "No secrets," he smiled.

Jungkook moved back to take off the hoodie he was wearing. I watched as his shoulders were exposed. My jaw had dropped when I noticed he was injured.

I moved towards Jungkook and lightly lifted his shirt again, "What happened?" I asked. It looked like he had been badly hurt.

"Oh, it's nothing, Indigo, really." Jungkook shook it off, but I didn't believe him. Suddenly I got a flashback to when I was in the car with Namjoon.

"Namjoon did it, didn't he," I grew angry. Jungkook looked at me worriedly.

"That bastard!" I spat, I was about to run out and confront Namjoon but before I could, Jungkook grabbed my arm.

"It's not worth it, trust me." Jungkook pleaded, "After all, it was my fault for starting it all, Namjoon and I aren't on good terms right now." Jungkook said closing his door again stopping me from leaving.

"He's such a dick," I mumbled. Jungkook was surprised by the hatred I was revealing to him about Namjoon.

"Do you feel anything for him?" He asked. I tried to reply, but I stopped myself.

I had no idea what I felt for Namjoon when he kissed me yesterday, it just felt different.

"I don't know Jungkook, the man stresses me out."

Jungkook sat down next to me giving comfort, the room was silent, but it wasn't awkward, it never was with Jungkook.

"He's a bad man, Indigo," he whispered. I looked up to Jungkook and scoffed, "Wouldn't surprise me, he walked into my dad's house and kissed me yesterday."

Jungkook was taken back by my words, "He kissed you?" He asked. Hurt was written all over him.

I nodded and shrugged it off. The feeling of Namjoon's lips never left my mind. The way he held me, I had never been held like that before. I had no idea how to describe my feelings for that man.

"As much as I'm still annoyed with you for ignoring me, thank you for being my best friend." I smiled, leaning my head onto his shoulder. I made sure I wasn't hurting him and just relaxed.

"I'll always be here for you, Indigo. You just don't know how much you mean to me," Jungkook teared up. He closed his eyes as I wiped the few tears that left his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I softly asked. Jungkook opened his eyes and caressed my cheek with his hands, pulling me closer to him.

Without thinking, we both leaned in as our lips finally connected. The feeling was nothing like Namjoon's, the feeling wasn't the same.

I pulled away and looked at Jungkook, "No matter how hard I have tried, we were never meant to be mates," Jungkook sat up and moved away from me.

I sat in silence thinking about what just happened, I could not find it in my heart to tell Jungkook I felt nothing for him, he was only my best friend.

"I guess I can love you enough to let you go," his voice cracked. Knocks could then be heard at the door. I quickly got up and opened the door to be faced with Namjoon.