011 | Exploring

I walked back and forth in my room

I walked back and forth in my room. The clock on the wall ticked as I eyed it. The time was now hitting 11 pm.

The house was silent. My mum had gone to bed early since she was working tomorrow.

"Indigo, are you ready?"

I noticed my door slowly open so it wouldn't make a noise. I turned to Jason and nodded, I grabbed my bag which had my torch in it.

I grabbed my white shoes and immediately put them down, I was not ruining my new shoes for this.

"Just put your black Vans on. Hurry up. Brendon is outside waiting!" He rushed me. I glared at him and quickly went under my bed to find my vans.

I crept downstairs and grabbed my jacket from the hall where I had last chucked it. I was ready to go, Jason was now walking downstairs until the last step creaked loudly.

"Shhh!" Jason bent down to tell the step. I just stared at him as if he was crazy, he had to be.

I unlocked the door and let Jason out while I grabbed the spare key and locked it again. I walked to Brendon's car to see Jason already in the front with him.

"Aye, Indigo is here!" Brendon yelled.

"Yeah, yeah, come on let's go. " Jason clapped his hands.

I shut the door and put my seatbelt on. The car began to move as we quickly exited our street. I couldn't believe what I was about to do.

"I heard there was another death earlier on, my uncle told my dad over the phone. They had torn the body just like that woman," I heard Brendon tell Jason.

My jaw dropped. "Guys... do you think this is a good idea?"

Jason turned around and smirked at me, "Don't be a chicken. If you are that scared, just wait here in the car."

I sighed, noticing we had arrived at the scene. Brendon had parked a few feet away from the police cars since we didn't want to get caught.

"My uncle could be here. If we see him I'll be in deep shit by my parents," Brendon stressed. "If we see anyone we just run," he added on.

Jason nodded while I just sat there. They both opened the doors and got out. "Are you coming?" Jason asked me.

I hesitated but opened the door and stepped out. I carefully shut the door and put my bag around my back.

"Ready?"

I nodded and followed them from behind, "Okay, let's all stick together. No splitting up," Brendon warned.

We were getting deeper and deeper into the woods now, each step terrified me. We then cut through the trees and I immediately recognised the path.

Jungkook's friend's house was just around the corner. I was amazed at how far we had walked. I got excited to see if any of them were out or Jungkook could be sitting outside on the doorstep.

I kept my thoughts to myself to see both boys stop, I got confused and quickly ran up to them.

I then noticed what they were looking at, my heart began to break.

Their house, their house was gone.

"Look's like a fire caused it," Jason frowned.

"But who would live this far into the woods?" Brendon asked.

I kept quiet and shrugged. "Let's just continue looking around before we get caught."

I suddenly heard movement from behind us, I turned around and shined my light at the direction. A tree had then caught my eyes, I walked towards it to see it more clearly. It had been torn, claw marks were visible to be seen.

"What the-"

"Jason, come quick, Indigo found something."

I jumped, feeling my heart race, "Brendon, don't sneak up on me like that! " I yelled, hitting him.

"Sorry," he apologised.

I sighed, turning back to face the house. This looked like it had just happened not that long ago. I just wanted to know where Jungkook was.

Again. I heard something. It was now coming from in front of me. Golden eyes suddenly appeared in the bushes a few inches in front of where I was standing.

I looked behind to find Jason and Brendon at that tree still analysing it.

I looked back to see the eyes gone. I walked towards the bush. I slowly turned my body to see if anything was there until I heard something run away.

I never shined my torch on time to see anything, I failed to see what that was but I was intrigued.

"Officer, I have 2 kids here."

My eyes widened as I bent down and hid where that thing was.

"Brendon? Jason? What are you two doing out here?"

"Uncle Jake, uh we can explain?" Brendon nervously laughed.

"Drop your guns. I know these boys. Let's walk you both back out of here. Times like these aren't for exploring."

Great.

Now I'm stuck in here.

What the hell am I going to do now?