043 | Home Away From Home

Indigo

Indigo

Namjoon stared at me, not daring to blink. It was like he was trying to find a different reaction from me, but I told him the truth. I wasn't going anywhere.

"No? What do you mean, no?"

I tried my best to avoid looking into his eyes. I knew if I said anything, it would hurt him ten times more than it would hurt me.

"This is my home. This is where I belong!"

"You have a home over there too." Namjoon's words eased. His whole body dropped, lowering himself onto the floor.

"My dad and Claudia couldn't give two shits about me I-"

"No. What I meant was, I am your home. The boys and I are your home away from home." Namjoon interrupted.

I choked on my words, I wanted to spit out. My heart was racing so fast. I knew he was right, and I loved him for it.

My face lit up as I let out a small chuckle. "There's the Indigo I know."

The door to the attic flew open revealing Jungkook and Jason. They both stood watching us hugging each other on the floor. I realised I still had nothing on but a blanket. I quickly got up and ran past them to get changed.

While attempting to walk down the steps, I heard laughter coming from the attic. Feeling my face heat up again, I finally made it to my room.

I rummaged through my drawers until I found some joggers and a hoodie to quickly change into.

"Indigo, have you changed yet?" Jason asked, knocking on my door. I tied my hair up out of my face and opened the door for him.

"Mum has gone to work. She said she is working late tonight." I nodded, understanding I had loads of time to spend with Namjoon and Jungkook.

Namjoon walked past Jason and sat on my bed. "So, where is the rest?" I asked. "They are back in Alaska waiting for us to arrive back," Jungkook mumbled.

"You are going back?" I frowned. "Well, visit from time to time, okay?"

"We are all going back, Indigo," Namjoon scoffed.

"As I said earlier, Namjoon, I'm staying here!"

"Indigo, this is your final warning. You are going back with me and that's final!"

Jason and Jungkook stood in silence, watching us both argue. There was no way he was winning this one.

"You are not my dad. I can do what I want!" I raised my voice.

"Indigo, would you rather live in a house where our own mother helps kill what you are, or would you rather live in a house where you feel safe? You have a whole pack waiting for you!" Jason butted into the argument.

"But Jason, we are in this together. I'm not leaving you behind."

Jason walked over and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. "Trust me, I will be fine here. I put this idea into your head about running back home and now I want you to listen to me for the last time. Go with them."

I bit my lip, trying not to cry, forcing my tears to not leave my eyes. All I could do was nod.

"I'm always a phone call away, you know that. I'm not going anywhere. You'll always have me, Indigo. Always."

~

"What will you say when mum asks where I am?" I asked.

Jason shrugged. "You ran off to join the circus."

I smacked him on the arm, trying my best to hold in my laughter. "Shut up!"

"Alright, alright. I'll say that you went back to dad's to stay. I won't say any more than that. Now come on, you are going to miss your flight!" Jason pointed towards the board that showed my gate number.

"Take care of her for me, man!" Jason shook Namjoon's hand. "Don't forget to text me once you have landed, so I know you are safe."

"I know, I know."

Jason nodded and waved goodbye to us while walking back out of the airport. I watched him from the glass windows. He stood watching me, placing one of his hands towards his heart as I copied his actions.

"Come on, Indigo, let's go."