042 | Morning In The Attic

Namjoon

Namjoon

I woke up to something heavy on my chest. I managed to fully open my eyes to see Indigo laying on me. I stared at her, feeling my cheeks become heated. I quickly reached for a blanket that was stored in the corner of the attic and placed it over her.

Suddenly, a loud bang erupted downstairs shaking the old wooden floors, causing Indigo to awake. I watched her smile, opening her eyes until she let out a scream, "What the fuck!" She choked, slapping her hands over her eyes.

"Get some motherfucking clothes on!" She yelled. Indigo removed her hands to look down at herself, to see she was only in the blanket I gave her.

"D-Don't look, look that way!" She pointed towards the wall. "Relax, as I said, I'll see you like this one day."

Indigo glared at me, trying her best to stand up, wrapping herself tighter in the blanket.

"There's so much I want to say to yo-" I got interrupted by a woman's voice underneath the floorboards.

"Jason, how was your night? Is Indigo still in her bed?"

I searched Indigo's face as it looks like her soul had left her body. She stood like a statue. She quietly put a finger to her lips mentioning to be quiet and quickly ran over to the other side of the attic and searched through old boxes.

Indigo eventually turned around, chucking some old clothes at me. "Get dressed quickly!"

"Where is Indigo? She isn't in her room." The woman's voice could be heard underneath us again.

"Who is that?" I whispered, "My mum, there're some things I need to tell you too. Jason will take care of her. She has to work soon, anyway." Indigo leaned against my shoulder, making the most of the spare time we had left with each other in here.

"You really shouldn't have left," I mumbled into her ear. Indigo's whole body shook as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I know. It was all too much, I couldn't think properly."

I watched her sigh, playing with the bit of loose thread that was hanging from my shirt. "How was your evening with Theo?" I asked her. She let out a gasp and looked into my eyes.

Indigo struggled to find words as she just stared at me, "You know what? I don't really want to know." I unwrapped myself from her and stood up.

"Namjoon." She whispered, "Sit back next to me and let me explain," Indigo pleaded.

My fear was if I did, she would tell me they had kissed or done things I wanted to do with her. She was mine first, she was only going to be mine.

"Kim Namjoon, get your fucking ass here now!" Indigo snapped. I grinned at her attitude. Damn, I missed her so much.

"Listen, before you say anything, I don't want to know if-" Indigo quickly put her lips onto mine to shut me up. I was taken back at how this time she was taking control of everything.

"I told Theo I would never love him like how I love you, dumbass."

My cheeks started to hurt from smiling so much. She rejected him for me. She wanted me. All the bad thoughts were now vanishing from my brain as I cupped her face in my hands, giving her small kisses everywhere on her face.

"Does that mean we can go back to Alaska and start again?" I cheerfully asked. Indigo's face slowly dropped at the mention of moving away again.

"No."