022 | The Truth

How the hell did they know each other?

"Indigo. I have some explaining to do. I know I should have told you sooner, but it was for the best to keep this a secret." My dad ended the horrible silence.

"Tell me what?" I frowned.

"You see, there are things in this world that have to be kept a secret. If the wrong person were to find out, we all could be in trouble. The world is a scary place."

I started to back up. "You are scaring me now. What are you trying to say?" I looked at both of them in the eyes.

"Indigo, we are werewolves."

I stopped moving back and just sat still. I couldn't help but burst into laughter. I wasn't surprised if my laughs could be heard throughout the whole house.

"No chance, I always knew you were a joker." I hit the table, trying to control myself.

They both remained sitting with a straight face, "Indigo, he's telling the truth." Namjoon said.

"You both should be comedians," I chuckled. I grabbed a glass of water from the table and drank it to cool myself down.

I sat back again and tried to reframe myself from laughing anymore. "This is serious, Indigo." Namjoon raised his voice.

His eyes started to change into a golden colour, just like they did when I first met him.

I didn't imagine any of this.

"No way," I gulped.

"We won't hurt you Indigo, you weren't meant to find out but-" My dad looked towards Namjoon, "With sudden circumstances, I had to tell you."

I sat looking at the table, I didn't dare look at them.

"I need to go see Jason, I will leave you with Namjoon. When I come back, I need to explain more about everything. There's so much you need to know." I heard my dad get up and leave. Namjoon sat directly in front of me, I tried to move away but the chair would creak every time.

The silence was killing me, but I had no idea what to say.

"You are scared," Namjoon mumbled.

I frowned, "Don't be stupid," I scoffed.

"Your heartbeats says otherwise darling, I have good hearing." I rolled my eyes and looked back down at the table.

"There's something I need to test, I need to make sure I'm right." I watched him stand up and walk towards me, "What are you doing?" Before I could say anything else, he knelt and connected his lips onto mine.

I took it by surprise but kissed back, Namjoon moved closer to me and picked me up. He held my waist as I moved closer to him. I had no idea what this feeling was, but it felt great. What was he doing to me? The kiss started to get more intense. Before I could pull away, Namjoon already did.

"I was right, you are my mate."