006 | Silent

Indigo

Indigo

I woke up with a throbbing headache, I touched my head to feel I had something on it. I winced at the slightest touch to it. I opened my eyes fully and noticed I was in some sort of hospital room.

Jin peeked his head over the door and smiled, "Glad to see you are finally awake." He checked my temperature with a thermometer and my eyes with a light.

"How do you feel now?" He asked.

"Sore, but I will manage," I sat myself up, carefully getting up from the bed I was on. I stopped and looked around, "Where am I?" I questioned.

"We have our own medical room, I took care of you. It's best to go see Jungkook," Jin helped me out of the room and walked me to Jungkook's room.

"Knock, knock," Jin said opening Jungkook's door, "I don't want to see anyone Jin," he sniffed.

"Hey loser, look, I'm alive." I walked into his room. He formed a smile and quietly chuckled at my silliness.

"I'm so sorry," he apologised, "If you say you are sorry one more time-" I sighed.

He wrapped his arms around me trapping me into a tight hug, "Okay, I'm sorry-"

I gave him a look, and he stopped talking, "How about you introduce me to everyone properly?" I asked. Jungkook scratched the back of his head, "I think I have changed my mind on that Indigo, let's drop you off home."

I frowned, why didn't he want to introduce me now?

"Okay then?" I mumbled, "Oh, and I texted your mum saying you were staying at mine and you fell and banged your head," Jungkook nervously laughed.

"Whatever," I sighed, I was fed up.

We walked out of the house in silence. He got to borrow Jin's car to take me home.

We were now leaving the woods to go onto the main road. I watched the scenery go by, I loved looking out of the window on car journeys.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Indigo?"

"Are you giving me the silent treatment?"

"...just say something?"

Jungkook constantly tried to get my attention, I kept my head at the window spotting we were driving on a familiar road, my house was close.

Jungkook parked outside of my driveway, he sat in silence until I took my seatbelt off, "Thanks for the ride," I said and shut the door behind me.

"Indig-"

Before he had a chance to talk to me, I walked away going into my house. I ignored my mother's calls and walked to my room.

I dropped my bag onto the floor and leaned against my bedroom door falling onto the floor, floods of tears started flowing from my eyes.

I had been pushed into meeting his secret friends and now he had changed his mind. It was like he was embarrassed to introduce me now because of the accident.

I was probably well overthinking this, but I couldn't help it.

My phone lit up showing I had a new unread text from Jungkook:

Jungkook- I'm sorry, okay :( I know you hate me saying it. But I just want to protect you. Some things in this world are hard for me to explain, I only want to keep you safe. It's for the best.

I chucked my phone onto my bed. I leaned against the door again, eyeing the picture of Jungkook and I at a summer camp we went to when we were 13.

Next to it was when we graduated high school, the best day of my life. It had only just been Jungkook and I. We always relied on each other until he suddenly disappeared in the summer and came back a changed man.