Running Contemplation (Solace Saint)

I looked at my reflection in the mirrored elevator doors. There was a flushed happy girl who's expression quickly turned sour as she saw herself. What in the hell just happened to me; he made me feel special, safe and happy. There was no way I was crushing on Kwon Ji yong! Why did he have to be nice and good looking; it went against nature! Didn't he understand that women could get mixed signals from his behavior? Tonight felt almost like a date. Worst of all I really liked spending time with him. It had better just be the wine. I began to wonder if I was experiencing a cultural misunderstanding. Maybe he was just being a nice guy after what happened at the club. No, there was an ulterior motive. He wanted me to work for him he had said as much. The elevator reached the bottom floor interrupting my thoughts. I moved through the lobby pulling the hoodie up over my head to hide my hair. No reason to take risks with being identified with Liam in town. I jogged around Lydia's car and got in immediately sinking into the cozy heated seats.

"Lets get out of here."

With that she pulled out into traffic and began heading south. I let my head drop back and the hoodie drooped down hiding my eyes. As we stopped at a stoplight I could feel her staring at me.

"Did you actually hook up with someone at the club?! That's so not like you!"she squeled. "You gotta dish girl that was a pretty high priced hotel!"

"It wasn't like that, we didn't hook up."

"Who's we? That wasn't the shirt you were wearing when you left my house ! You can't keep this from me. You never tell me anything!" She whinned.

There was a reason for that. The less anyone knew the better. "The lights green." I pointed towards the windsheild.

The car didn't move as she continued looking at me. "I know, and we're not moving until you tell me what actually happened." Cars began to honk behind us and one irate driver pulled around and passed us almost hitting our car. Lydia just leaned back put her car in park and pursed her lips.

I couldn't help but laugh pulling the hood back off ,"You are insane!"

"That's besides the point! Out with it or we will park here all night."

"Fine but will you just drive before we get shot by someone with road rage? This is D.C. you know." Three more cars had veered around us two of the drivers giving us the finger.

"Not until you start talking."

I looked at her in disbelief for a minute as all the cars behind ours passed us.

"Okay, remeber that meeting I went to this morning? His name is Mr. Kwon he wants to hire me to do makeup and hair."

"Yes go on." She began driving again.

"Well he was at Nation. I kinda got into it with some jerk there. Archie and the guys helped me and Mr. Kwon helped too. I was shook up and he helped me get out of there."

"That still doesn't explain the sweatshirt. "

"That jerk at the club had ripped my shirt wide open completely down the middle."

"What the hell ? Why didn't you come find me? Are you okay?"

"Yes I am fine. I couldn't find you earlier and I just wanted to get out of there. I didn't want all those people to see me like that."

" So you took off with some strange fashion designer you just met this morning? You could have found me in VIP with Ryan."

"Lydia please don't judge my choices. You did kinda dissapear on me even when you said you wouldn't ditch me. You're okay with me leaving for a booty call but not okay with someone helping me?"