Reminders (Fabian Shelton)

"I want you to find out everything that you can about Mr. Kwon. " I said looking at my men sitting in the back of the limo. We were riding to the hotel after our lunch. Kwon was keeping something from me. I also wondered incessantly about his profession and why he refused to devulge it. I remebered glancing at his bruised knuckles and the smiley face tattoo on his left hand. The man was dressed impecabily but his bright red hair seemed out of the ordinary for a regular businessman. The prescense that Kwon carried around and about with him said that he was more, much more from my experiance of reading people.

"Yes sir." one of my men immediatly nodded pulling out his cell phone and making calls to various connections in New York. The other sat waiting for further instructions.

"Has Liam arrived yet?"

"Yes sir, he is waiting back at the hotel for you."

"Good and how is our leverage doing?" I asked thinking of the pretty blonde back in Virginia.

"Fine, we have been giving food and drink as ordered and the men make sure that she is kept quiet and captive. Everyone is just wanting for further instructions from you sir. "

I stroked my chin, " Continue with that for now; I have a feeling that we will have a use for her soon." Once I saw the front of the hotel come into view I adjusted my jacket and waited for the valet to open the door. Getting out into the sunlight I quickly walked inside.

"Welcome back Mr. Shelton. We have already escorted Mr. Oshea upstairs to your room. Please let us know if there is anything at all that we can do for you today." The brown nosing manager said from behind the front desk next to several employees who smiled and followed his example. Sycophants. I gave them a fake dazzeling smile I as continued past them. The women as usual blushed and giggled, I would probably invite one or both of them up to my hotel room later tonight. I knew that getting them to agree wasn't going to be a problem because I was very aware of how women reacted to my looks. I never ever had to really try hard to get a girl because my pretty face did most of the work for me. Once I reached my door I nodded to my men who guarded the room and they both stepped aside opening the door to let me in . Entering the room Liam Oshea rose from a seated position as I took off my jacket and tossed it over a chair.

"Boss. It's good to see you!" His muscular frame took up a good portion of the room as he advanced and hugged me patting me on the back. "I came as soon as you called. Is there something that you need me to take care of for you in New York?"

I put my arm around his broad shoulders and smiled at him, "Actually there are some things we need to discuss you and I." I gestured over to the chairs by the table. "Have a seat old friend."

Liam sat down his large frame engulfing the chair as I grabbed some blue label scotch and set down two crystal glasses filling them on the table for us.

"How long has it been since we've had a chance to have a drink alone together?" I asked sitting down and grabbing my glass.

"It's been a little while...too long." He said smiling and picking up his own glass.

"At toast then?"

He nodded raising his own drink.

"May you be proof that a human being can endure anything."

His brow furrowed a little in confusion as our glasses clinked together. We then both drankand I watched him closely as he emptied his glass tossing his head back. I set my half full glass back down and grabbed the bottle to refill his glass.

"So how's your family been? You're little sister Iona, how's she been doing?"

He wiped his mouth with his hand. "Good, thank you so much for paying for her college tuition. She's so smart, but without your help she would have never been able to afford school."