Chapter Nine

"We have come to a decision." The master started which his name was finally learned by the Demon girl. Kagaya Ubuyashiki, the man with half his face covered in a massive scar, maybe like a burn and fogged over lavender hues. The Hashira along with the Demon Slayer's that brought the Demon to them sat in a conference room, guards on stand by right outside the closed doors. The room was more modern looking out of the rest of the estate that had more of a traditional Japanese style. Everyone was sat in chairs around a large oval shaped table. (Y/N) sat at the opposite end of the Master, sitting tall and eyes hardened into a stern gaze. 

"If I may be forward, what has your decision come to?" (Y/N) asked, her words still. One of the Hashira members was going to scold her for speaking so forwardly but was quickly reframed from doing so by the Master. 

"We have decided to put you through a trial run. Show us that are truly willing to be loyal to the Demon Slayer Corps. I do not doubt your words but to ease everyone else's concerns this is what I have come up with." Kagaya explained. (Y/N) nodded in agreement with their decision and slowly stood so she could bow.

"I hope you can see I truly mean none of you harm. I thought long and hard about this on the way here. The only thing I worry about is that bastard finding out and making everything harder for you." (Y/N) said then stood back up and sat in her chair that was between Tanjiro and Inosuke. 

"You will remain here until you are sent on a mission and just to be safe you will have a handler." Kagaya said. "Along with the surveillance of the three that brought you here, you will have the Insect Hashira Shinobu looking after you." Kagaya said. (Y/N) looked at the said female who maintained a smile but was clearly disgusted by the Demons presence. (Y/N) bowed her head slightly then got up as everyone else started to leave. She was walking with the trio as she was approached by Shinobu. 

"I have a mission you are to get ready for in two days. I have heard we will be hunting a rather strong Demon." She smiled in a sickly sweet manner. (Y/N) merely nodded, saying she would be ready then continued to walk with the boys.

"Being viewed as the bad guy really kills ones spirit." (Y/N) grumble with a heavy sigh.

"I am sure they will see that you are not even remotely bad! Just show them how well you can kick Demon butt." Zenitsu encouraged her while holding two thumbs up. (Y/N) laughed lightly.

"I mean you are a little sinister at times but I would have to agree, it isn't like you are evil." Inosuke muttered, arms folded behind his head as he walked. The other three shared a look, surprised the always grumpy boar would say something nice.

"You just said something nice, and to a girl.....Is the world ending?" Zenitsu snickered, making (Y/N) laugh as well. Tanjiro just sighed, shaking his head slightly at them. 

"He isn't all grouch and grump, like if you feed him, you get a decently happy Inosuke for about ten minutes." Tanjiro said with an unwavering grin on his face. (Y/N) and Zenitsu tried to hold in their laughter but it was proving to be rather difficult. The fact Tanjiro said that in such a pure of heart tone made it even funnier. 

"Shut it, Gonpachiro!!!" Inosuke shouted, lunging at Tanjiro. 

"What the hell? Is that some sort of nickname?" (Y/N) asked aloud.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Inosuke. My name is Tanjiro!" Said boy sighed. 

"No, I don't believe so." Inosuke crossed his arms as he temporarily stopped trying to fight Tanjiro.