Chapter Thirty

I wasn't content with the cliffhanger, so here's another chapter for you guys. Enjoy ^_^

The following hours after the mass battle came to its conclusion was filled with information gathering and the beginning stages of recovery. It was a fight that could very well take some more time than before to get back to okay.

That being true, it wasn't quite as bad between a certain Demoness and Demon Slayer. After another check up in the morning on their injuries, Tanjiro spent his time with (Y/N). Everyone's injuries were severe, except for  (Y/N)'s. She knew some of the Hashira were skeptical. Considering how much damage she took in the last fight with a member of the Twelve Kizuki.

There was a knock at the door. (Y/N) got up with a sigh, already knowing what this was for. She gestured for Tanjiro to stay where he sat and got up to answer the door. On the other side was Shinobu with a feigned smile. 

"I was requested to bring you to a meeting with the Hashira." She relayed. Before Tanjiro could speak, (Y/N) turned back to him and pointed a finger at the bed. 

"Stay, it's just an informational meeting. This is part of my work here." She said then quickly pulled on some coverings and left with Shinobu. 

"I have heard it was quite the ugly fight." Shinobu stated. (Y/N) exhaled with a nod. 

"It was unexpected." She laid plainly. The walk to the conference room was left quiet till they reached the door. The windows in the room were open, the curtains drawn back. This wasn't a friendly meeting. 

"Guess our reports weren't enough." Tengen huffed loudly. 

"A Demon's word isn't honest even if the Demon is working for us." Iguru jutted, his snake like gaze glaring at said Demon. 

"Maybe I grew on you Lord Tengen. Trusting me so freely may not always be the best. You saw yourself, I am a tool, I can be controlled." (Y/N) said. The two sat down, the head of the Corp sitting across the table from (Y/N). 

"If you will, please explain in full detail how things went down." The the head of the table spoke. 

"We went undercover, I was with Zenitsu trying to locate the Demon lurking in the Entertainment District. As I had expected, she found me instantly and was given orders to follow. She was one who graveled more at his feet than others. With the lack of strength Zenitsu possessed, he never stood a chance when he tried tracking me down. It seems to be a pattern that each Twelve Kizuki is given viles of the bastards blood to then use on me. Daki though, was given a much bigger concentration than Akuza. As my body tried to repel and accept the blood, I lost all sense and became the beast. Daki had obtained the controller for the collar around my neck, amping it up so high any other being might have combusted." (Y/N) recalled the incident. 

"How irresponsible." One of the other Hashira scoffed. (Y/N) hummed, her eyes glowing under the shade of her hood. 

"Before you go ridiculing my colleagues and handlers, remember whos idea the controller and collar was. Now, allow me to continue." She said. "It was a good ploy for her to use but I have been tortured and abused, experiencing new anguish for centuries. It wasn't going to overcome it at some point. During that point in the fight, Daki had revealed a piece of information I didn't quite see relevant before." (Y/N) explained.

"What might that be?" Tomioka asked. 

"You all have been told how many of the Demons strongest there ar, correct? It isn't true. I was given a number too, being put at the very top as Rank Zero." (Y/N) revealed.