Chapter Thirty-Three

The next day the two decided to walk one of the many trails within the village hidden by trees. Every step taken just continuously left one in awe.

No one had yet spoke their full thoughts on such a high level being allowed in this very sacred village, so at certain points she felt as if she were walking over millions of shards of glass. 

"What are you thinking about? I can tell you were lost in thought by the subtle look on your face." Tanjiro spoke. (Y/N) chuckled to herself a bit and smiled at Tanjiro

"I am in awe of everything here, it feels wrong for someone like me to be here.' (Y/N) spoke truthfully. Tanjiro lightly sighed but kept his soft radiant smile. 

"You were crafted a sword like the rest of us, right? You have a Nichirin sword as well, meaning they accepted you into their ranks. That means you are one of us." Tanjiro said, his fingers finding my hand. 

"Overly optimistic jackass, shut up." (Y/N) smiled.

The two's attention was then quickly directed elsewhere. There was a scream that sounded very childlike. The two walked over to where the scream came from and saw someone with long dark hair that blended to a turquoise color. This person was wearing the Demon Slayer standard uniform.

"I won't give it to you" The kid in the strange mask shouted. Hm, maybe Inosuke would fit in here. 

"Resisting me is wasting my time, time that could be used saving people. Meaning you are letting people die right now. Give me the key." The man said. (Y/N)'s mouth hung open in shock. The words this man was spewing was terrible but his tone was as flat as a pancake. You couldn't sense any malice or alternative motives. 

"That's one of the Hashira, Tokito I believe?" Tanjiro thought aloud. This so called Hashira was an asshole.

Tokito was going to slap this kid but Tanjiro quickly intervened between the two. "My apologies! but I couldn't let you hit this kid!" Tanjiro exclaimed politely. The Hashira stood still a moment, analyzing the fellow Demon Slayer. 

"You must be  Demon Slayer judging by your uniform. You are in my way." Tokito stated. 

(Y/N) stayed hidden in the leaves of the branches and bushes. She wasn't entirely sure what would be the wise move to make here. The Demon Slayer wasn't an enemy she had to fight, he was just a total dick. (Y/N) tapped her index finger on her chin thinking but remained confused with herself.

Unexpectedly the Hashira very, very harshly punched Tanjiro in the abdomen, immobilizing him for a moment. (Y/N) finally came out of hiding, Tokiko quickly turning his gaze to her. "Ah, I had heard you were being sent out here. This must be the person they sent you with." Tokiko said. The Hashira then quickly snatched the key he had spoken of and that was when (Y/N) fully realized the doll like thing sitting limp behind the kid. 

(Y/N)'s eyes widened staring at the doll. This doll looked exactly like Upper Rank Number One. The Demoness just watched as the Hashira take the doll like thing then looked over to the kid. "What was that?" She asked.

"That doll is supposed to help train the user in combat, made almost three hundred years ago. If he breaks it I won't be able to fix it." The kid explained. So was that the Edo period? (Y/N) couldn't quite remember clearly. Guess that's what happen when you have lived so long. (Y/N) hissed, a ray of sunshine hitting her hand. She could feel the kid tense up incredibly.