Chapter 12

Inosuke and (Y/N) bolted from the other three in the group, ready to kick more Demon ass. They made it to the forests hairline when they both skidded to a stop seeing the man in the middle of the dirt road. He was a Demon Slayer judging by the uniform. The two went to check on the collapsed man but as he was asking for help he was yanked back into the dark and ominous forest. "I'm going in!" (Y/N) shouted at the Boar Boy.

"S-She may be super cute b-but I think-k she has a screw loose." Zenitsu jaggedly spoke.

"We should follow after her, who knows what is waiting in there." Tanjiro said, running ahead along with the bloodthirsty Inosuke.

The inside of the forest was slathered in spider webs at every nook and cranny. (Y/N), a little further in, was quite disgusted by the spider ruled forest. Sure a Demon of her calibur wasn't spooked by much but she couldn't really handle spiders. Just something about their little bodies and eight creepy crawly legs didn't sit right with her.

"So you are working with them, how tragic." A voice echoed through the already ominous forest.

"Tell me why would I work with you Foul beings instead? Cause I would be rewarded with your Master's blood? Go sell that to some other pathetic Demon or just shove it back up your ass." (Y/N) growled, searching for the Demon behind the voice.

"Every Demon is on strict orders to bring you in alive but I might just kill you." The voice echoed throughout the dark and demeaning trees. 

"You all either want to kill me or bring me in, so I would have to say get in line." (Y/N) spat. Webs tightly wound around the girls limbs, threatening to cut off circulation or draw blood. 

"You talk in a cocky tone, like you aren't worried in the slightest." The Demon stated.

"I'm not, Dumbass. I have been fighting you Bastard's for hundreds of years, depleting entire fleets just because your Master thought it would be fun to watch. Even if my strength wasn't enough to stop you, I'm not alone. The Demon Slayer's with me are quite powerful themselves. So, shall we dance? I quite like the Tango." (Y/N) grinned in a cocky manner. She knows this won't be an easy fight but it will at the very least be thrilling. 

(Y/N) froze the webs instantly and created a weapon to fight with. As her fight started, she could feel other fights start up as well. This one had others playing his game. 

The first to engage with one of the high ranking Demons in this forest was Tanjiro and Inosuke. Upon finding a few fellow Demon Slayer's they were instantly forced to fight their allies. One of the Demons was controlling them using spider threads. Using his keen sense of smell, Tanjiro could pick up the Demon's scent from the threads controlling the higher ranked Demon Slayer's. Unfortunately that didn't stop anything, the threads merely resurfaced and took hold of the Demon Slayer's bodies all over again. 

There was something the two noticed though. Not all of these dolls were alive anymore. You could hear the cracking and scraping of broken bones as the corpses and the soon-to-be corpses flung attacks at the two boys. "Cutting the threads won't do anything! If one of us had some sort of ability to locate the one who is doing this that would be really helpful!" Tanjiro exclaimed, deflecting another sword attack. Tanjiro spared a glance at the one comrade besides Inosuke that still had control over his actions. He was just as at a loss as Tanjiro, parrying attacks the best he could.