Chapter Fifteen

With just a few simple moves, Tomioka finished off the Lower Five ranked Demon. (Y/N) managed to stand back up on her feet. "Apologies, it seems I hadn't actually regained all my energy like I thought I had. I wasn't able to fulfill my role very well." She said with a heavy sigh. 

"Everyone is more or less alive, I think that is good enough." Tomioka said. (Y/N) didn't agree but thought it was best not to argue it. She turned to the disintegrating Demon with pity in her eyes.

"I hope, in the end, you were able to see where you truly went wrong, Rui." (Y/N) spoke softly as he fully turned to dust, nothing left but the clothes he wore. Tanjiro still laid, protecting his sister but a battered hand reached out and grasped the now vacant clothing. You could see sadness and pity in his eyes.

"Don't spare any sympathy towards these creatures, they are Demon's after all." Tomioka almost spat. 

"I agree. Tanjiro, Rui was beyond tainted and no longer savable. He may have finally resented what he had done but then it was too late." (Y/N) said, eyes glaring at a random patch of grass. 

"He truly regretted his actions in the end. I will kill any Demon that doesn't find any wrong in what they are doing but the ones who have made that realization? Those ones don't deserve it." Tanjiro said, sitting up. Nezuko laid in his arms, unconscious and beyond worn out. "They are tragic creatures full of despair. They never asked to go down this path, I won't disrespect them if they want to change their ways. In the end they were human just like me! So please, don't step on his remains." Tanjiro added. (Y/N)'s eyes wondered to where Tomioka's foot had stepped on the deceased Demon's clothing. 

Before the conversation could go on any longer, another presence was incoming fast. In the flash it appeared, Tomioka deflected a sword attack. "Still protecting that Demon I see. After all the talk that all Demon's are scum." Shinobu said, sheathing her sword then looking at (Y/N). The girl looked away for a second then looked back. Shinobu brought out the button that triggered the collar around (Y/N)'s neck. Abnormally high voltages of electricity was flowing from the collar. (Y/N) fell to one knee, hands wanting to claw at the collar. 

"I'm sorry, I misjudged how things might go." (Y/N) choked out. 

"Miss Shinobu, please let her be!" Tanjiro exclaimed. 

"Shinobu, this is not necessary." Tomioka added.

"What part of this do you find unnecessary? We are keeping her because she will benefit us against the Demon's right? Yes the Twelve Kizuki member is dead but that is only after you showed up, Tomioka. She was unhelpful to us." Shinobu explained. (Y/N) absorbed the words, kicking herself that her allies were wounded so severely because she wasn't able to aid them the way she was ordered to. Wasn't she supposed to be powerful? Or was that just some lie she was telling herself? Maybe she should have never been spared to begin with.

"You are wrong! (Y/N) fought hard just like the rest of us!" Tanjiro yelled. The Demon girl smiled faintly through the grimace on her face.

"Tanjiro....it is fine. She is right." (Y/N) said, her hands moving from the electric shock collar that was steadily growing in velocity.

"Shinobu, everyone is alive. That was always the ultimate goal in employing this Demon. Release the trigger." Tomioka ordered. Before the male could take another step, (Y/N) iced over his feet so he couldn't move.