Chapter Thirty-Two

Tanjiro was fully out of bed after the next few days. Zenitsu was deployed then after Inosuke was deplyed on a mission as well. (Y/N) stayed by Tanjiro's side, not being deployed yet even once, although she had healed fully much sooner than the others. (Y/N) joined Tanjiro's recovery training. It was crazy how quickly Tanjiro had become good as new. 

Currently, the triplets were helping Tanjiro with his stretches that his body disagreed with, and (Y/N) just sat next to them, showing down on a snack they were brought. "While I was asleep, did my new sword ever come in?" Tanjiro asked. (Y/N) lightly choked on the food she was consuming and cleared her throat. The others shared a similar response as well.

"New sword?...No, one hasn't come in yet." The triplet helping Tanjiro stretched answered. 

"W-We did receive letters from Mr. Haganeska....would you like to read them?" The triplet pouring the tea asked hesitantly. (Y/N) dug through one of her coat pockets and grasped the said letters, sweatdropping before handing them over for Tanjiro to read from himself. Instantly, you could see his complextion pale and his pupils grow small.

"This isn't very good at all." Tanjiro muttered. "I only chipped it this time. Last time, I snapped it in half!" Tanjiro quietly exclaimed, ruffling his hair while clutching the letters. The letters read along the lines of 'curse you' or 'I'll never make another sword for you' and so on and so forth.

"Your swordsmith sure is a piece of work, Tanjiro." (Y/N) mumbled, looking over the multiple cursed letters again.

"It's not your fault, Tanjiro! Mr. Haganeska is easily unforgiving." One oof the triplets explained.

"You can try and go speak to him in person! Maybe that would help and persuade him to make you a new sword!" The other said, hopeful. 

"The Swordsmith Village? I've heard of it in the past, super top-notch security." (Y/N) added. 

"Really? We can go there?" Tanjiro asked, almost in excitement. 

"Yes! First, you will need the Master's approval, though." She explained. 

Once done with daily training and exorcises (Y/N) accompanied Tanjiro back to his room, him no longer needed to stay in a hospice room.

"I hope they let you come with us, I heard they haven't given you orders besides your extra training." Tanjiro said, sitting on the edge of his bed as (Y/N) closed the door behind her. She discarded the light coverings and sighed. She may not die in the sunlight, but it still hurts like hell.

"I think it would be cool to go with you. The last thing I want to do is be here alone. It was hard enough being awake by myself when we were all brought back to the infirmary." (Y/N) said, sitting beside Tanjiro. Tanjiro laid his head down on the Demon Girl's lap, sighing contently. (Y/N) lightly begun fiddling with strands of his hair, still so ecstatic Tanjiro was awake and well. 

"You have been helping me rehabilitate, but you haven't let me know how you are doing. We both know you are good at hiding those things." Tanjiro said. 

"I'm hungry, very hungry, maybe worse than before. I'm not using you as a blood bag, though. Don't even try and offer it to me." (Y/N) said sternly. "I was running myself ragged since the day I could get out of bed - no, as soon as I got back. It had been a great distraction, but Zenitsu and Inosuke had tried to convince me to stop. Of course, it never worked, only when you woke up." (Y/N) explained. Tanjiro then sighed loudly. He abruptly sat up, eyebrows furrowed at me as he looked into my eyes.