Chapter Nineteen

(The photo's in the collage aren't mine I just found them on pinterest but that is more or less what the characters are wearing in the book)

Time for fun and relaxation was over. It was time to get back to work. Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu were given their orders as well as (Y/N) being ordered to accompany the three on their shared mission. To meet up with the flame Hashira and investigate the disappearances happening on the Mugen Train. After the meeting that morning, everyone was sent back to their quarters to get ready for the trip. (Y/N) sighed as she finished putting on her usual outfit and accompanied coverings against the sun.

She still was not allowed to roam the base without someone watching her so once she was finished, she joined Tomioka out in the hall. "I have got an uneasy feeling about this mission. No more shits n' giggles for a while." (Y/N) spoke, walking beside Tomioka as they went to meet up with the trio.

"I just hope that Kamado can handle you, you tend to be a little more than just a handful when out in battle." Tomioka spoke, irritation forming from the memory.

"I'm loads nicer to Tanjiro than I am to you. Shinobu and yourself are the ones who I am stuck with most of the time, I have to make it fun somehow." (Y/N) shrugged with a smirk hidden on her face. Tomioka didn't respond, merely repressing his rage in the moment.

"I will pass that note on to Shinobu as well then." Tomioka said. (Y/N) looked over at the man, trying not to snicker more.

"You won't have to deal with me for a while, think of it as a paid vacation. I even made another batch of cookies so you don't miss me too much." (Y/N) said, gaining mor eof the mans attention.

"As long as they aren't poisonous, I see no reason they wouldn't be edible." (Y/N) knew that was just an excuse, Tomioka nearly had his very own stash of goodies at the little party they had the other day.

"You sure took your sweet ass time getting here." Inosuke grumbled as the two arrived at the entrance. (Y/N) inwardly hissed at the close proximatey of the Wisteria trees.

"No, I was timely. You are just impatient." (Y/N) retorted. Tomioka walked up to Tanjiro, handing him the tiny remote that controlled the collar around the Demoness' neck.

"Make sure you keep her on a tight leash, don't mess up just because she is your friend. If you feel the need to use this, don't hesitate. Have fun babysitting." Tomioka finished, waving the group off as he turned his back to them.

"Before you go making a mess of the kitchen, I put the cookies on a plate covered in cling wrap in the very back of the pantry! Make sure to share with the Lovely Lady Shinobu!" (Y/N) informed the man. Tomioka froze for a minute, he was not nearly as readable as this Demon Girl made it seem.

"I have no obligation to share the snacks I find." Tomioka muttered, walking away once more.

"Mhm, that's why I actually made two plates." (Y/N) smiled to herself before turning to look at the other three. "Tomioka is right however, if you feel it is needed, use the highest setting on that little device. Never know what kind of situation we will find ourselves in. Especially with the crap the three of you get yourselves into." (Y/N) said with a chuckle.

"Do we really get ourselves into bad situations that often?" Zenitsu wondered aloud.

"More times than I would like to admit." Tanjiro responded with a sweat drop.