Chapter 53

Chaeyoung POV

After hearing from Jihyo, I quickly call Jeongyeon to asked her about it. I know she's serious about Jihyo, but I just don't think she will propose this soon.

"Yo bro! You didn't joked." I said.

"What?" She asked confused.

"You and Jihyo! I'm so happy for you Jeong. I am." I said happily to her.

"Thanks bro. I'm also happy. I never thought I will found the one for me after she left." She said sounding a bit sad.

"I know Jeong. That's why I'm happy for you. You deserved to be happy. I'm sure she happy for you also up there." I said to her.

"Yeah. Thanks." She said.

After a few minute talk to her, we decide to to end called. I take the shower and get ready. Then, I went to the kids room and prepare them. We went down seeing dad hugging both his daughter. They must talk about Jihyo and Jeongyeon. Then, we having a group hug. After eat, I send Haneul to his school and went to office. Today we was so busy, we received some evidence about the mastermind but we don't know if we can believe this information. That's why we being busy to investigate the info.

We now, having late lunch again. Its like our routine now to eat this late. Then, we went back to do our work. Everyone look so serious about this case. They might not attack again, but we have to be prepare. Anything can be happened. How I wish to settled this matter as soon as possible. I just want my normal life back with my family. Yeah, family and that's include Mina. She's my family.

After the busy day today I went to Mina office just seeing her being busy with her work. Sometimes, I can see she massage her temple and hand. Sometimes I can see she sigh and frown. She's cute. Then, as she felt someone watch her, she turn her face to my way. She smile to me as she signal me to come in. So, I went inside her office and walk to her table.

"Hmm, how long you stand outside? Why don't you just come inside?" She asked.

I just shrugged but remain silent. I can see she silently sigh with my reaction.

"Are you finish?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm just finish. Why?" She asked.

"Nothing. Want to go home now?" I asked her.

"Sure. Let me pack my thing first. Thank you." She said.

We walk to to the elevator and I press the button. We are standing side by side but not touching. When the door opened, I let her get inside first and then followed after pressing the ground floor. We remained standing not talking a single word to each other when suddenly the lift stop and the light began blinking. Hell no, we are stuck!

"You okay?" I asked her. She look so scared. I quickly hold her hand. She hold my hand tight.

"Yeah." She said but started hyperventilating.

"Hey, hey. Its okay. I'm here. Come here. Listen to my voice." I said pulling her to me closer.

"I'm sorry. I just don't like the feeling being trap." She said hugging me tighter.

"Its okay. We are okay. Listen to me okay. Take a breath Minari." I said wanting her to calm down.

"I'm scared." She said and I feel something wet by my neck.

"Lets sit down shall we?" I said to which she's nodded.

We sat on the side, I took my jacket off for her to sit into. Mina face is still nuzzled to my neck and I can feel her frantic breathing making me worried. I have to think of some ways to calm her. I hug her tight but not so tight so she will feel my presence and still can breath normally. I caress her hair and rubbing her back. She seem a bit calm by me doing that.

"You know I used to work as a window cleaner in this building." I said making her pulling away a bit and look at me shocked at what I just told her.

"Yeah, I was still in college back then and looking for more work to help my parent with the bills." I said smiling at the memory. While she lays her head on my shoulder with my arms wrap around her waist.

"Its such a scary profession you have chosen." She said playing with my finger.

"Well back then I didn't care if it was scary or horrible. I just think as long as its not illegal I will do the job. I just don't care. I just want to help my parent and to raise Haneul." I said.

"Why?" She whispered still playing with my finger.

"Hmm. When you are poor like we were, you will take any job available out there just to be able to provide food on the table." I said looking down to her. Now, I'm joined her playing with our finger.

"I'm sorry." She said looking at me sincerely.

"Nah. Its all good. Beside I'm glad. Because of that, I had many experience. Look at me now, I have a good paying job and I'm providing more than enough of what is needed by my family." I said pulling her closer to me. Its feel good being near to her like this. How I miss her.

"Then, how did you support your studies? I'm sorry for being to nosy." She said breathing in.

"I applied for a scholarship for my college and master degree. Lucky me, my brain function well for me as I graduate more early than I supposed to. If not I will be still working my butt off and have not graduated yet." I said nuzzling my nose to her hair. Hmm, I miss doing this.

"I'm sorry. You had a rough life." She said with sigh.

"Yeah, but I'm thankful for that life. I have learned a lot and meet a lot of people who showed me everything I need to know." I said to her holding her chin up.

"And I thankful for meeting you." Mina said looking to my eyes and then to my lips.

"I'm sorry for avoiding you." I said looking lovingly to her.

"I'm sorry for cheating. I know I can't changed what I have done. But, believe me. I regret it so much." She said looking down, still ashamed.

"Although I can't forget that fully, but now I understand. I have some shortcoming towards you and our kids." I said to her.

"Still I'm sorry for everything that you have gone through. For breaking you heart and you arm. For putting a dent on our family." She said still looking down and pulling her legs toward her hug her legs. Good thing she's wearing pants.

"Time heals all wounds. Lets just let the time heal everything. Okay?" I told her sincerely. She's looking at me.

"Okay." She said finally have a little smile looking me.

"So, lets start over?" I asked her laughing a bit.

"Lets start over." She said smiling showing her gummy smile.

"Hai, I'm Son Chaeyoung. Nice to meeting you Miss?" I said putting my hand in front for handshake.

"I'm Myoui-Son Mina. Nice meeting you Chaeyoung." She said laughing at my goofiness but shaking my hand making my stomach all warm.

"Well, now that we are acquainted why don't you sleep for a bit? I will wake you up when someone comes to rescue us." I said letting her lay down and put her head on my lap.

I put my jacket over her and play with her hair. She's seem calm a bit. I watch her breath slow down letting sleep take her. I may not have forgiven her fully but now I understand, it takes two to tango.

-Twice is coming y'all 💃🏼💃🏼-