Chapter 32

It's been a year since we moved to Michigan. I'm not sure if I wanna stay or should we go?

I get Avery dresses and ready for the day then get Max ready. I pile all of us into the car; Nathan,Max and Avery.

Today we are driving over to Cameron aunt who lives in Grand Rapids which is pretty close. Once I find her house I pull in.

I start by unbuckling myself and then move to Max. (He's one now)

"Your here!" Someone from the front door says and I smile.

"We sure are," I walk up and hand her Max as she is holding her arms out.

"He's so big," she over looks his body. "So cute like the other two."

I shoot a look at Nathan who is looking at his new iPhone that Cameron decided to get him, I walk over and stick my hand out for him to give it to me.

"I'll put it away," he starts.

"Now," I whisper and he placed it in the palm of my hand. I smile.

I had asked her to watch them which I do some stuff that impossible to do with kids around. And one this is to book a flight back to see Jamie because .. She's dying.

Every time I think about it, I seem to cry. She's the closest thing to a mother I really have and soon all three of them will be gone, the good thing is my dad will be with his lover once again but when her husband now dies what's going to happen? I don't know.

"Alright give mommy a kiss," I announce to the kids and Avery kissed my lips and I smile, "love you baby girl." Then Nathan comes up to me upset because of moments later when I took his pride and joy away from him, "bye baby," I kiss his forehead and then I leave.

•••

I stop home before I go back to get the kids. Cameron is home.

"Hey babe," I say walking into the kitchen as he's sitting on the bar stool with guilt in his eyes, more like sadness.

I stop for a minute and got a thought in my head, could it be?

"No.. She didn't," I said and he looks down bringing his hand to his mouth to block the sob, my heart sinks to the bottom of my stomach. Not this feeling again please no, he comes by my side and pulls me into an embrace.

He whispers, "I'm sorry."

"I can't believe she's gone."

He takes a deep breathe and strokes my hair, I keep holding back tear but I know sometime tonight they will come out.

"I have to get the kids," I say walking away.

"Katie its best if I did," he walks out.

After he leaves I grab a bottle of wine and a glass then head up to our master bedroom and start a nice hot bath with bubbles which I rarely get.

I let my body soak for hours trying to heal myself from this hurt. When I discovered nothing is going to fix this I got out. I lay on our bed and cry.. Cry and cry..

"Mom?" I hear Nathan's voice, I wipe my tears, "yes baby?" He comes in.

"I hear about Grandma Jamie." He sits next to me and I cuddle him because I know he misses her to.