Chapter 34

It's Saturday and I decided to gather up the kids and take them to Lake Michigan.

The clock on the stove read 10:30 so I started by packing everything we would need; water,food, diapers,toys,and a stroller for Max.

I began by getting Max ready and then woke up Nathan and Avery. Then Cameron got the car packed and off we were.

We got there around one and we played for hours but we didn't want Nathan or Avery going into the water alone with the monstrous waves coming towards shore.

Cameron and I take turns going in with the two as one of us stay with Max but at one point we took him in and he absolutely loved it! So we continued to take him in but then we decided to take a walk.

Nathan and Avery were up ahead so Cameron and I could talk.

"I need to know what you want to do Katie," I knew he was talking about Avery and adopting her I just don't know if I want that because her father meant something to me at one point of my life, he made me feel special.

"I know Cameron but I don't know if I want that."

"Katie, he's dead what can he say about it?" He questions me and if it's one thing I hate being questioned.

"Cameron Dallas stop," I say because I know he's dead and it still hurts to know.

"Katie I don't know what to tell ya then, you need to tell her I'm not her real father and that he's dead. Gone," he tells me and I cannot believe he just told that to me, I look at Max and back at him and slap him. I just slap him.

"I will not tell her shit Dallas she's six boy fourteen."

"I never said she was but if you do wait, the more she's upset," he began, "Katie just think about it," he's calm by now.

I hug him and then rub the red spot I left on his face, "I'm sorry."

He kisses me and then I look down, what have I become? A bitch?

"I will tell her," I say and he kisses me forehead. I don't want her to have anyone but her biological father.