2:10

"Do you really think its a good idea to leave Luther and Vanya alone to chat?"

Five leant back against the car, arms folded next. Next to where he stood, Lena sat cross legged ontop of the hood. He angled his head round to meet her eyes.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

"I still don't like it," Lena hummed in disapproval; the idea didn't sit right with her at all given what he did to Vanya the last time they were all together. "Last time it kind of sparked the end of the world."

He shrugged lightly. "What else is new?"

When he faced forwards again, Lena's eyes fell on his pristine white collar and the black, fingerprint smudges along its edge. She pulled a face and subtly leant forwards to try and rub it off with her fingers.

He held still, slightly confused, and turned his head in her direction ever so slightly as a sign she wasn't being as subtle as she thought.

"What are you doing?"

"Nada."

What she was actually doing was making it worse. The charcoal like smudges blurred out into a grey, mottled stain that, when she pulled her hands away, tinted her fingertips and under her nails. She grimaced and neatened the collar before brushing her hands off on her jeans.

He rose an eyebrow back at her but she flashed him a sweet smile, making his lips twitched upwards automatically.

"How's your shoulder?" He wondered seriously.

She sighed a little and shrugged it up and down, picking at the black marks under her index fingers nail. "Just sore."

I've had worse, she thought to herself, choosing not to add that aloud.

The smile slowly disappeared from his face as he thought back to how she had gotten hurt like that in the first place, and the sudden change in mood made her frown too.

"Stop thinking about it. I'm fine."

"That's easier said than done," he shook his head sligthly, going back to staring down at his shoes. "I should have been there and it never should have happened in the first place."

Lena uncrowded her legs and shuffled forwards so they dangled off the side of the hood, and wrapped her arms around his arms so she could rest her chin on his shoulder. "You were literally travelling in a space between time. You could not control any of that."

He remained quiet, placing his hand over one of hers.

She frowned deeper, sad that he was overthinking all of this. There were just some things in life that couldn't be controlled - he hadn't landed in the decade yet, that wasn't his fault. It wasn't his fault she had been rebellious and defiant to a society that wanted her quiet, and had wounded herself in trouble. If she was smarter she could have avoided it, but she hadn't. What was done was done. There was no use apologising for nothing.

"That's the problem." He revealed roughly, barely angling his head in her direction.

Lena went quiet for a moment.

So that's what this was about.

"It was my powers that got us all stuck here in the first place-"

"-you saved us all from getting obliterated by the moon." She shook him slightly in her hold for emphasis. He still avoided her gaze, head angled down, even as she tried peering round to catch his eyes.

"It was my own stupidity that got me stuck in the apocalypse."

"Five, you were just a kid..." she closed her eyes.