1:27

Wednesday - 8.24 in the morning

"We all died fighting this thing the first time round, remember?" Klaus questioned from his spot on the counter.

"Klaus, shockingly, has a point," Diego agreed. "What gives us a win this time?"

As the Hargreeve siblings stood around the room there was a somber air around them. They didn't know what to do, nor did they know what to expect in the next few days - the world was going to end, and Five and his pyromantic wife had disappeared off the face of the earth.

What the siblings were certainly not expecting was for a loud crackling sound to fill the air, blue lightning and waves of energy pulsating above the bar.

Everyone quickly backed away as two figures appeared out of thin air, thudding harshly down on the bar. It was then that their eyes focused and they realised who they were.

Lena landed underneath Five, and everyone stood shocked as he pushed himself stumbling off of the counter, dragging her down to the floor with him.

"Jesus!" Klaus exclaimed, holding a hand over his thumping heart.

Five pushed himself off of a groaning Lena, muttering a quiet 'sorry' to the girl he had essentially broken his fall on.

Everyone was beyond confused.

"Am I still high, or do you guys see them too?" Klaus questioned, it going unanswered.

Five had a look of annoyance on his face as he pushed himself to a stand, but everyones eyes went to Lena as she frantically moved, eyes wide, trying to grasp something situated tightly around her neck.

Her fingers dug into her skin but it was no use, and suddenly she jolted and cried out in pain, collapsing to her knees. The room went silent, except for the slight buzzing sound coming from the thing around her neck. Her head bowed, her hair covering her scrunched up face from view.

Five crouched by her instantly and reached his hands out, confused, but stopped short a few inches away from her shoulders as she twitched and whimpered. A few seconds later, it stopped, and her body fell against Five who caught her in his arms and put his hand on the back of her head to cradle her to him proactively.

"What did they do to you?" He murmured softly against her hair, eyebrows knitting together.

All the siblings could do was stare.

As he moved her hair away from her face, the siblings could just make out what looked like some kind of shock collar. It was a thick strap of metal that was clasped around her neck, and if you looked close enough you could see red mark's along the skin around it.

Allison frowned and walked closer to the two on the floor, her concern for the girl showing. She did not look okay.

"Five, where have you been?" Luther asked, as Allison helped Lena to a stand with Five on her other side.

The girl was in such a daze that she barely recognised the other person helping her and how she would have shoved her away if she had.

"Irrelevant," he brushed it off, his concern being on Lena who was trying to control her shaking hands. He stole the coffee that Allison had in her other hand and downed it in one, tossing the cup carelessly behind him.

Allison stood by Lena who slumped down on the corner of the couch, her hands going to her neck and anxiously fidgeting around the material. Her eyes were fixed on a space on the floor, and to everyone else she seemed completely out of it.

Five ruffled his hair, while keeping Lena in his peripheral. "So, the apocalypse is in three days. The only chance we have to save the world is, well, us." His voice was rushed, mind on something else.