𝗿𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘀𝘂𝗼𝗸𝗮

【 ʙʟᴜɴᴛ!ᴏʙʟɪᴠɪᴏᴜꜱ!ꜰ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ 】❝ 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵/𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢 ❞▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

【 ʙʟᴜɴᴛ!ᴏʙʟɪᴠɪᴏᴜꜱ!!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ 】
❝ 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵/𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢 ❞
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

                              "Matsuoka-kun." Rin's shoulders stiffen at the monotonous, yet feminine, voice barely four feet away from him. It's not too bright nor too dark outside, the sky embellished with soft pink and orange; the perfect mood for two teenagers to flutter with anxiety when they realize they are alone together.

In this case, Rin and the girl are indeed alone behind the Samezuka Academy building basking in the soft, humid breeze passing by that neither found bothersome. Except, such romanticism solely belonged to romance novels fetishizing the idea of high school being full of reciprocated love among its student body.

Rin's case was anything but. The anxiety rumbling inside his stomach was conjured by nothing other than the heart-wrenching scene his own eyes beheld earlier today, assaulting him with each passing second it continued replaying.

The female who called out his name was, of course, no help either. She takes the same position she always does, quietly standing at a respectful distance with her hands lazily intertwined in front of her uniform skirt. And despite Rin's mood, he still felt those same butterflies happily fluttering their wings at the mere sight of her.

Man, those butterflies do flap. He remembers every moment all too well, how they perfectly represented the childlike giddiness he didn't even know remained inside him after all these years. His eyes lit up like fireworks while his chest tightened from how fast his heart raced. Though his mind was the complete opposite as they took on the more intimate visualization involving Rin wrapping his arms tightly around the girl and pressing his lips against hers before whispering a husk: "you're mine."

That is the selfishness she brought out of him. Alongside it are other unfamiliar feelings warping his own understanding of who he is, how he was supposed to act, and everything he thought he knew about himself until she appeared in his life to break his heart.

It was so befuddling as to why she was mixed in with the Iwatobi swim team in the first place considering Rin has never so much heard her name be said by the members the last time they visited Samezuka. She just stood there, too, not saying a word or really having anyone from Iwatobi acknowledge her existence until Rin's eccentric and boisterous junior, Momotarō Mikoshiba, blushed beet red while pointing right at her

"What is your name, pretty lady?!" he carelessly shouted, catching literally everyone's attention. After her team realized what Momotarō meant, surprisingly Haruka was the one who stepped forward to introduce her.

It's kind of ironic for Rin. When he first saw her, he generally questioned her identity since it was weird that nobody introduced her yet, but after Momotarō's comment on her looks, Rin trailed his eyes back on her figure...and blushed. She is really pretty, he shyly thought. Would he have even noticed if Momotarō said anything? Rin was already staring hard at her when he wasn't speaking but the realization that this girl is beyond any good looks no other girl he's seen possessed never hit him until it was verbalized.