Chapter 60: Moving on

"Morning babe." Ivy greeted Oikawa as she walked over to the kitchen isle where Oikawa had placed their breakfast.

"Morning." Oikawa replied as Ivy picked up the plates and placed them on the table.

"Oh, I forgot to mention we have the ultrasound appointment for Friday." Ivy said as she took a seat and begin to dig in her breakfast.

It's been over four months since Oikawa found out he was going to become a father and over four months since he last was in the embrace of his lover...or should he even call Iwaizumi his lover anymore...

"But Friday is today, no?" Oikawa asked checking his phone.

"Wait, what?" Ivy exclaimed checking her own phone. "Shit." Ivy cursed.

"What time is it?" Oikawa asked calmly.

"It's at 2pm today." Ivy said as she took a big gulp of orange juice. "Pick me up at 1pm?" Ivy asked as she took an other bite.

"Sure," Oikawa said as he came and sat opposite to her.

"I swear you amaze me every time you cook." Ivy said doing a chef's kiss gesture. "This omelette is divine."

"Haha very funny." Oikawa said as he picked up a fork. "It's just a omelette."

"Oikawa," Ivy reached her hand and took Oikawa's free hand on the table in her hand. "You need to stop putting yourself down." Ivy said as Oikawa looked up and locked eyes with her. "This is a really good omelette and you should be proud." Ivy smiled and Oikawa reluctantly smiled back.

"Okay..."

After breakfast Oikawa dropped Ivy off to work and then went to his practice. On his way to practice Oikawa's brain made him travel back to the first time he ever learned how to make a fried egg and that too was taught to him with a lot of time and patience by Oikawa's mother.

When Oikawa finally learned how to make a proper fried egg he'd made one for Iwaizumi and when he'd offered it to Iwaizumi he'd said he didn't like half cooked fried eggs. Iwaizumi said he liked them cooked fully throughout the yoke.

Then Oikawa had put up a fuss how he'd learned how to make a fried egg because of Iwaizumi because he'd told Oikawa to go learn how to make one. And Iwaizumi told him he had told him to learn to make on because when they went on their training camps Oikawa would have Iwaizumi make him a fried egg each morning. And Iwaizumi was stick of making Oikawa's a fried egg every morning cause he (Oikawa) didn't know how to make one.

And now learned how to make a omelette and that too the circumstances being very different and oh how he wished they could've been the way it was.

"MOVE!!" Oikawa snapped back to reality when he heard a guy yell from behind him. Oikawa had stopped at a signal and it had turned 'green' yet he was still standing at the signal as if it was still 'red'.

"I miss you Iwa..." Oikawa said as he whipped a stray tear and drove.

Reaching the gym Oikawa went and changed in to his practice attire. Entering the gym he saw Antonio doing some warm up drills and a few other of the players also warming up.

"Brooo!" Jake exclaimed as he smacked Oikawa on the back.

"Jake." Oikawa greeted rubbing the his back where Jake had smacked him.

"What's up bro?" Jake asked Oikawa as he slung his arm around Oikawa's neck.

"Nothing much-"

"Don't give me that bullshit." Jake rolled his eyes. "You're like this-" Jake did a hand gesture 🤏 "close to being a father. There has to be something up."