Chapter 8: Suzuki?

They sat in silence for what felt like an eternity to Oikawa. He was looking at the group and took a glance at Iwaizumi before he opened his mouth.

"Iwachan you don't-"

"Shut up," Iwaizumi cut Oikawa off. "Just shut up would ya." Oikawa gave Iwaizumi a confused look.

"You think you can come here and say all that mushy stuff and expect me to greet you with open arms??" Iwaizumi stood up aggressively.

"Iwachan I never-" Oikawa started but was cut off by Iwaizumi picking him up with them hem oh Oikawa's shirt.

"Don't you dare come near me or my daughter again," Oikawa gulped "got it?" Iwaizumi asked gritting his teeth.

"No." Oikawa stood up. Towering over Iwaizumi by a few inches.

"Are you deaf or something shitty-kawa?" Iwaizumi was now really made his brows frowning.

"Told you to-"

"I heard you." Oikawa cut Iwaizumi off. "But I'm not going anywhere this time." That made Iwaizumi let go of Oikawa'a shirt. And he shook his head.

"I wish we'd never met you know." Iwaizumi finally spoke and the words hit Oikawa like a thousand knives were thrown right at his heart in one go.

"Don't say that," Oikawa said. "Don't say that Iwachan." his voice cracking up.

"You know why we stopped talking?" Iwaizumi asked. Not waiting for Oikawa's reply continued.

"Because you were being selfish."

"How was I being selfish?" Oikawa asked. "All I wanted was for you to come out to your parents."

"And you knew I wasn't ready for it. Yet you still pushed me and just like that you pushed me out of your life." Iwaizumi sighed.

"I wanted you to be free," Oikawa replied. "I didn't know-"

"That's the thing you didn't know what I wanted," Iwaizumi said "I didn't know what I wanted."

"What do you mean, Iwachan?" Oikawa asked very confusedly.

"I wasn't sure what I was."

All Oikawa could get out of his mouth was "oh"

"So you're telling me you didn't love me?" Oikawa asked after a pause. "Was there someone else you loved at the time we were together...?" Oikawa asked clearly hurt could be heard in his voice.

"Was it Suzuki ?" That got Iwaizumi to stiffen suddenly.

"So that's why you didn't want to come out," Oikawa laughed as if it was something funny even though he was hurting on the inside.

"Were you with me out of pity? Were you with me just for the heck of it? Was I a joke to you? Were you experimenting?" Oikawa asked in a hoarse voice.

"I never-" Iwaizumi started but was cut off by Oikawa getting up suddenly.

"But you did!" Oikawa spoke with anger in his tone. "You used me."

"Oikawa would you just-"

"I don't want to hear it." Oikawa cut Iwaizumi off.

Iwaizumi stood in front of Oikawa now. He could see Oikawa's more clearly now due to the sun rays slowly coming out. They were glazed and shined not in a happy way but a hurt one. He held Oikawa's hand.

"Let go of me!" Oikawa ordered.

"No."

"Are you deaf or somethin-"

"I asked you the same thing not so long back." Iwaizumi replied looking intensely at Oikawa.

"Okay what? Say it and get over with it." Oikawa said averting his eyes from Iwaizumi.

"Did I say I was with someone?" Iwaizumi asked Oikawa.

"Well you were with-" Oikawa started but was cut off.

"Did I say I liked someone else back then?"

"Well..no...but-" Oikawa stopped confused at what he was getting at.

"All I said was I was confused about myself." Iwaizumi told Oikawa. "And you assumed all that bull crap on your own."

"You didn't answer so..."

"Did you wait to let me speak?"

"But I-"

"I wasn't sure if I was gay, I wasn't sure if I wanted to come out to my parents or not, okay?" Iwaizumi asked Oikawa.

"Ok..." Oikawa dragged off.

"You knew my parents weren't very open about such things. You knew I wasn't ready to open up to them yet you kept pushing me." Iwaizumi explained.

"You say you were doing it for me but you didn't realize I didn't want to at least not at the time."

"You still haven't come out to them have you?"

"That's not the point." Iwaizumi shook his head. "I wasn't with you because of pity. I wasn't with you for the heck of it. It wasn't a joke and neither was I experimenting." Iwaizumi took a deep breath letting go of Oikawa's hand.

"I was in love with you."

___________________

Do you assume stuff like all the time or is it just me?